Jake Jarvis's Medal Case

Dark1Star

Byond key: Dark1Star

Discord key: CookieJarvis#8182

Character Name: Jake Jarvis

Item name: Decorated Wooden Case + A Medal of Valor

Item function(s): To act as a storage case for a medal.

Item description: a wooden case, with a silver plaque with gold engraved text on top, which reads; "In memory of Oscar Easter, bless his soul and may he rest in piece." the front also contains engraved text, "Oscar Easter, 2434 - 2461"

Item appearance: a wooden case with a silver plaque with golden engraved text on the top, with silver engraved text on the front.

Why is your character bringing this item to work? How did your character obtain this item (1 paragraph or more please): In memory of Oscar Easter and everything he has done for the ISD, the last talk Oscar and Jake had was Oscar giving Jake support in helping escaping a Commando should they actually try to go for them. Oscar wasn't alive to retrieve this medal, so it was given to Jake by the captain to hold on to for Oscar. Jake wants it in a nice case that he can keep on him or place somewhere in view for everyone else to see.

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell? (2 paragraphs here please): Jake would like to bring a piece of Oscar with him to work as he still works in the ISD, Jake believes Oscars death was un-called for however this medal holds a lot of sentimental value for Jake. Technically being the last thing Jake has of Oscar, the medal was meant to be for Oscar however he was dead and was unable to retrieve it. So Jake asked the captain if he could keep it in memory.  Like how some people bring their stuffed animal to work, perhaps it was given from a dying family member shortly before they passed away, this is the same kind of thing however with a medal.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?: This item Jake can show to other ISD members, and other crew on station, the medal will show that no matter what happened to an Officer, they will still be around the station as a memory, Oscars name will never be forgotten, and when Jake is asked why he carries around a medal, he can tell them the story of Oscar Easter and how he was a valued member of the Internal Security Department.

Sprites: https://i.gyazo.com/f5b8ba2dbd6084d2264e91b7d590de2f.png

Additional Comments: Literally my first time spriting my own thing, however I am not sure if anything else is needed to be done? I do not know how to code so I shall have to leave that up to you. Basically there is a medal of valor in the case, I did not sprite that because we already have one in game. :)

Medal Box.dmi

4 minutes ago, MattAtlas said:

I understand why you want this but bringing something that seems so precious to work sounds pretty unbelievable to me.

I understand your point, however as I said, it's almost like a family member giving a stuffed animal to their son/daughter before they die, which suddenly increases the sentimental value a lot. Though I have said the reasons why above.

• 2 weeks later...