[Accepted] Kiha's Unathi Application

BYOND Key: Kihatomay

Character Names: James Praxton, Aleks Martin, LHT-001

Species you are applying to play: Unathi

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: A dark brown, virtually indistinguishable from black.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Unathi are space-age lizardmen from warhammer in my eyes, which is incredibly awesome and fun to play. Having a predatory mindset due to their nature and extensively violent racial history also allows for a degree of confrontational behavior that can bring a fun spin to every round if done with tact and carefully sticking to the culture of the species. Which I fully intend to do! I would love to provide entertaining interactions to other players as many Unathi players have done for me.

Character Name: Thr'us Zuhlisk 

Please provide a short backstory for this character:

Thr'us was born to the clan Zuhlisk, a lesser clan that holds great personal honor for their consistency in the men born to it reaching the status of warrior in respectable service under a Lord. But what with the rise of Unathi and Hegemony presence in galactic space, avenues towards becoming a warrior are more varied and it happens that upon reaching maturity, Thr'us entered into employment with NanoTrasen under the Security department. This was one of those new avenues, where he began his training as an honorable warrior of sorts, protecting the weak and enforcing codes that mirrored the system of honor he so deeply revered. Of course, there might come a time where corporate desires may clash with his code of honor, and that is where his employment will end. But until then, Thr'us and his clan's elders see it as an opportunity to hone martial skills and retain honorable habits and discipline befitting of his future goal.

What do you like about this character? Thr'us is a fun character. He aims to embody and practice the honor and martial skills related to being a warrior, but will have to balance that with inter-species galactic policies and the diverging perspectives on life and values that he will come to interact with. It'll provide a fair amount of character development as time goes on and he experiences life outside of Moghes.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I would say I am a fairly good roleplayer that enjoys the small details and intelligent gameplay. I like to learn stuff and incorporate what I learn into my roleplaying.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

Hello. I have some questions.

When last have you read Unathi lore?

Do you have anything to say about: Tradition, religion, location, the contact war, your character's opinion about aliens?

How does Thr'us intend to be a great warrior whilst working as station security? Do you have any ideal scenarios in mind?

If Th'rus encountered someone being held hostage with a revolver to their head, the hostage taker wearing only basic non-EVA armour, what would they do?

Do you intend to roll antagonist with this character? Do you have a plot to weave that does not include plain murder and chaos?

Hello! I'm happy to answer your questions.

I last read Unathi lore yesterday, and I'm not able to recall stuff about their history willy nilly but I am familiar now with their behavior and culture structure.

Unathi tradition is really appealing because it's just a call-back to feudal human tradition when you look at the meat of the concepts, and that appeals to me OOCly. I enjoy the hide armors, the bluntness, etc. As for religion, it's appealing because it's very specific as far as the Th'akh shamanistic practices go. And Th'akh is the religion that Thr'us will practice himself, having a very apathetic behavior towards cyborgs, the AI, and IPCs. Though, not hateful or disdainful, he will treat them well, just as he oils his blade to keep it sharp and clean of rust. The contact war is interesting. It provides an opportunity to have extremist Unathi viewpoints which can bring division among Unathi crew members as a result. Thr'us is rather fresh into the interspecies relations world. Having gone straight from his clan's home into the security academy, Thr'us will actually develop his views on other species heavily based on his interactions shift by shift in-game, which I think will allow for a really dynamic character arc that can be affected by the roleplay of other characters.

Thr'us wants to practice enforcement and soldiering to a degree as station security. While not entirely parallel to his future life as warrior, it is close enough that he likely will be put in a variety of situations that test his discipline and efforts to uphold his own honor, even if others do not realize that due to ignorance. An ideal scenario would be for example; An assailant violently assaults several members of crew and is considered dangerous, and Thr'us encounters them. Despite the reality that entering the fray with a stun gun would be better and more efficient, he respects his clan's traditions and enters with a stun baton instead. This gives him an opportunity to hone his melee skills while also apprehending a dishonorable fugitive who has attacked unarmed innocents. Of course, he would not continue to beat them once they are down, and would actively stop other officers who would dare to commit something so dishonorable.

That would be a difficult situation, but he is here to be ready for things like this. His priority is not to 'gloriously' slay the hostage taker, instead, it's to save the innocent. He'd do his best to diffuse the situation and negotiate, even if it meant trading places with the hostage as he himself is much more capable (in his eyes) to handle that situation. Once the innocent was out of the picture, he would wait for an opportune moment to strike and defeat the criminal or die honorably. It has been ingrained in his life since childhood to behave in this manner to one day become an honorable warrior.

I may roll antagonist on Thr'us, and if I do, it will only be Renegade and (maybe) mercenary, and loyalist. Much of renegading would involve preparing to honorably combat a threat (but in ways NT might see sketchy), and mercenary would have him act as a hired bodyguard (unless a gimmick that fits a larger group is met in aooc).

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Aw beans, a Unathi application which emphasizes their violent, martial nature does tend to raise red flags and that is where the questions from my deputy have come from.

You so far have decent answers that Geeves said have satisfied him, and I think in general you show a good willingness to improve and respond and learn. I just want to make sure that I help you do your best so that you can continue enjoying unathi without getting into any trouble,

While Unathi come from a warrior society, lorewise culture and tradition are secondary to server rules and station regulations. Do you feel that you can play your character with the concepts you've put here in ways that won't get you in hot water? Being violent as an antagonist is fine, but I want to make sure that you bear in mind that Unathi honor also says that you can win in ways that don't involve fighting.