Incident Report - 01/03/2462

Reporting Personnel: Kilqrr'Quraqk Xiiqrxum.
Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Head of Security.
Game ID: b5W-dgbl
Personnel Involved:
- Holiday Lynn (visitor), offender.
- Riori'Uptari Nunuz, (captain), witness.
- Quintin Copperfield (visitor), witness.

Secondary Witnesses: (Name, Job Title: Short description of what they witnessed)
- Katherine Linenbord, Security Officer: potentially was aware of Mrs. Lynn's takeover. Was not present for the slander.

Time of Incident: ~12:00-13:30 aprox.
Real Time: 00:00 UTC, 01/MAR/2020 aprox.
Location of Incident: Non-relevant.
Nature of Incident:
[  ] - Workplace Hazard
[  ] - Accident/Injury
[  ] - Destruction of Property
[  ] - Neglect of Duty
[  ] - Harassment
[  ] - Assault
[  ] - Misconduct
[X] - Other: Regulations breach

Overview of the Incident: As you may be aware, such shift was a problematic one given the arrival of a ship from the People's Republic of Adhomai full of hostile robots. Hostilities among the crew arose, and by the end of the shift, our Captain was physically incapacitated. They were still concious. It was at this moment when, Mrs. Lynn, who had been with the Captain as a visitor at all times during the shift, decided to take justice by their own hand and take over the Captain position.

Mrs. Lynn is hired in the position of Captain for the NSS Aurora, but this time they were just visiting. They did not seek the approval or even mentioned the take-over to the Captain or the rest of Command. They acquired Captain-level items (including, but not limited to: Captain headset, Captain-level ID card), and started to exercise their authority over the rest of Command staff and crew, including over myself.

They fully expected to be complied with their orders, and did not think twice of insulting my management of the situation after being in the position for less than twenty minutes, suffering from asymmetrical information and lack of situational awareness herself, due to not being kept in the loop with the previous events or the on-going tasks and orders of the Security team. They did so in the open, with several other visitors who she invited into the shuttle's cockpit, among them, Quintin Copperfield, and at least one more whom I can't get the name of. I felt slandered at the time, unable to defend myself over the very resounding arguments and attitude she was having.

You must know, it is strictly prohibited, under company policy, to be assigned a position if the subject's status on-board is nothing but a visitor. Only the Captain, under extreme circumstances, is allowed to circumvent station's policy in this regard, and they did not do such. Even more, when they took over without authorization or approval from anyone in the Command team, they did so with their implant off, which could have resulted in catastrophe would they have been in the position for longer, as they may have incurred in wrong decisions against the interests of the Corporation.

Charges of Mutiny, Grand Theft and Slander on a Head of Staff may apply.

Submitted Evidence: No physical evidence is available.
Did you report it to a Head of Staff or a superior? If so, who? If not, why?: It was not reported to a superior due to lack of time.
Actions taken: None.
Additional Notes: Please consider that Quintin Copperfield's statement may be biased due to openly siding with the offender at the time. I have no more names of the staff present during the slander situation. As for the acting captaincy, several other crew members are surely aware of this happening, but I do not have any concise names to give.

TO: Kilqrr'Quraqk Xiiqrxum, Head of Security, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Division to review. If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.

--------------------

DTG: 29-22:23-TAU CETI STANDARD-02-2462

SIGN: CCIAAMS

--------------------
BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to Elsy Cayne (Chen Yakumo).

You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.
--------------------
DTG: 29-23:34-TAU CETI STANDARD-02-2462
SIGN: CCIAAMS

Edited by Chen Yakumo
A rogue linebreak.
  • 1 month later...

--------------------

BODY:

The investigation of this incident has concluded, and appropriate action has been taken for affected individuals. 

This matter will now be considered resolved.

--------------------

DTG: 27-21:58-TAU CETI STANDARD-04-2462

SIGN: Elsy Cayne, CCIA.