Kingmatt9's Head Whitelist

BYOND key: Kingmatt9

Character names: Jotun Khardawihn, Jotazirr Khardawihn, Apophis Quihtzin, Jakob Drengr

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: More than a year.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I have been noticing a lack of heads at certain times, and I wanted to try out the position.

Why did you come to Aurora?: I went to Hypatia for a while, then switched servers because of staff and players. Also, CoolFool came here, so, yeah.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yep.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think role-play is, and should be about: Role-play is making the round fun for everyone, and not just yourself. You shouldn't just hang with your friends in-game, and leave others out. It should be making the workplace simulator that SS13 is, into something awesome. Though, role-play is mainly meant for having fun and whatnot, you should not try to create FUN, and ruin the round for others because you want to have some FUN with welder-bombs or SMG's.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: They lead and coordinate their departments with intelligence and do not choose favorites. They should be helping new players, and not impeding their progress and ruining their experience of the game. They should be showing an example of what to do, and what not to do, when in a role-playing situation.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: They are kind of like leaders, in-game or otherwise, as they are looked up to as a senior figure in the ranks of players. They are considered some of the best role-players, and should act like it. Heads should not be argumentative over OOC, as this can poison others' ideas about the role, or the server as a whole. They should be bringing in players, and not harming the server's reputation.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Jotazirr Khardawihn

Character age: 41

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): Jotazirr was born on Moghes, but quickly moved at a young age to Biesel. His mother raised him, and he was heavily influenced by the mixed races of the Biesel apartments. This kept him from being discriminate against other races, and keeping an open mind about nearly anything.

At the age of twenty, he went to the Biesel Institute for Medical Sciences. After nearly thirteen years, he got his medical license and began to work on-planet for a number of years. During this time, he also got a degree in Accounting. He submitted a resume to Nanotrasen, hoping for a job aboard one of the newer space stations. He already had a wife and child, and needed more money to take care of them. His application was quickly accepted, as more and more doctors aboard the Aurora were becoming incompetent. He welcomed the new environment with open arms.

What do you like about this character?: I like that he is never violent, or rash in his decisions.

What do you dislike about this character?: He never takes risks that are too high, and will likely leave a crew member to die if he is liable to die also.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff?: Yes.

Why?: He is one of my best characters that I have ever made. After my previous attempts at making serious characters, it never worked out. But Jotazirr has been the one, and I love him for it.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: Honestly, I would rate myself 7/10, but my ability to role-play coherently changes as the day wanes.

Extra notes: We need more Unathi heads. Dick-lizard will be missed, but we need new blood.

-1. Kingmatt evidently either has issues behaving properly IC or simply chooses not to in an effort to simply vehemently attack characters he has a problem with. I've witnessed him first hand break IC to randomly and without any provocation or barest justification attack characters he deems 'snowflakes' by suddenly prodding at what he deems 'snowflakey', and also passive-aggressively attack them in LOOC.

In short, he purposely attempts to agitate or upset people OOC with IC behavior that makes no sense given the circumstances.

He also has a history of immaturity and immature behavior both IC and OOC.

A bit what Sue said, I agree with. Though I don't downright -1 this application, a lot of my interactions with your characters have been either rather lackluster, worthy of a frustrated, elongated facepalm, or otherwise just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. An example of this was when I was an antagonist in a nuclear round, and you, the QM, decided to get a box of flashbangs and start throwing them at nuke ops, who had already killed security officers who were trying to be rambo heroes beforehand.

It's really difficult to get onboard with this given the circumstances. While you might play certain characters in amusing and fun ways, there are times where you completely break character and do things that are mindnumbingly questionable.

Honestly, though. I'm leaning towards opposing this application for the above reasons.

I -1 this for the same reasons as the above. He has displayed incredible immaturity in both IC and OOC, and does not display the qualities expected of our head-whitelisted players. He has bad critical judgement, a habit of bumrushing and/or ramboing, as well as incredibly extensive notes. Following security complaints and a security /ban/ due to his inability to be trusted with the role, I see no reason to trust him, in turn, with command.