Staff Complaint - Icedcabbage

BYOND Key: NewOriginalSchwann
Staff BYOND Key: IcedCabbage
Game ID: b7q-ay6G
Reason for complaint: Noted for "Firing lethals at someone because you mistook them for rubbers"
Evidence/logs/etc: None to present.
Additional remarks:
I'm going to keep this brief and to the point, since I loathe waxing about nothing.

My main issue here is that I was given a note I feel is unjust due to the circumstances leading up to it, and that I would like it to be removed from my record. I don't want this contributing to further judgement of my character, which is what really strikes me as the entire purpose behind the note system.

The note itself was given for firing lethal energy carbine shots at somebody who I assumed was firing lethal rounds at me, when they were only firing rubbers. I explained to the trial moderator that I was unaware I was being shot at by rubbers and not extremely dangerous (for a M'sai) lethal ammunition, but he did not seem to understand that I was legitimately unaware during the course of the fight.

The fight opened with a scientist point-blanking a security officer with his SMG around six times, which does not tell you what type of round is being fired - only that "Blah Blah fires the gun point-blank at the Forename

Surname" while Forename Surname screams in pain. After this point-blanking I, assuming I was going to be shot to death after the officer was, shot back with the energy carbine's lethal mode. I then kicked the man once in the head while he was down, out of my character's frustration in being shot at.

Following this I was bwoinked regarding a "paramedic and security officer that had stomped a man's head into crit," which is an oddly hostile way to start a conversation. After about a half hour of back-and-forth between myself and the trial moderator, I was informed that I was being noted "for reference."

I did not, and still don't, really feel like this note is warranted, considering it was just a mistake, but was informed that it was for "recordkeeping." The ticket was closed shortly after this, and we went our separate ways. As I disagree with it I'd really like this note reexamined. What comes of this reexamination, we will see.

On 02/06/2020 at 18:02, NewOriginalSchwann said:

The note itself was given for firing lethal energy carbine shots at somebody who I assumed was firing lethal rounds at me, when they were only firing rubbers. I explained to the trial moderator that I was unaware I was being shot at by rubbers and not extremely dangerous (for a M'sai) lethal ammunition, but he did not seem to understand that I was legitimately unaware during the course of the fight.

The fight opened with a scientist point-blanking a security officer with his SMG around six times, which does not tell you what type of round is being fired - only that "Blah Blah fires the gun point-blank at the Forename

Surname" while Forename Surname screams in pain. After this point-blanking I, assuming I was going to be shot to death after the officer was, shot back with the energy carbine's lethal mode. I then kicked the man once in the head while he was down, out of my character's frustration in being shot at.

Alright, so let's take it from the beginning of this. Staff received a PM about a paramedic and a security officer stomping people, I then started PMing two paramedics and one security officer, I admit my choice of words were poor. I said "why did you shoot someone with a energy carbine and stomp them?" starting it with "why" was a bad choice and I apologize.  When the ticket was opened with you, you explained your mistake and why you did the single stomp. The thing that made me want to give you a note about it was the fact that when someone is hit by a bullet, you can see what type of bullet that is.  Also it leaves my memory if the person died to the carbine but that may have affected things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2020 at 18:02, NewOriginalSchwann said:

Funnily enough this is actually correct. It WILL tell you that you're shot with a rubber bullet if you are shot from a distance but if you are point-blanked it will just tell you that. I just tested this in-game. I think @NewOriginalSchwann was fine here given that context.