Stev's application to go beep bzzt boop bop beeeep

BYOND Key: StevIII

Character Names: Ranking these in three sections. Older characters that I’ve mostly retired, medium characters that I’ve slightly retired but still play some times, and newer characters I’m still playing.
Retired Jenna May, Chris Dobson, Amelia Karrith, Jaxon Butler, Josephine Pearce, Wilson Johannson, Laura sikorova.
Medium Jarred McClellan. Reese Clarke
Still used Amanda prince, Jeffrey Earnhart, Isaac Chambers, Keaton Hall.

Species you are applying to play: IPC (first generation industrial, specifically)

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: 404 Error, colour not found

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes. every single page linked to the master IPC page at least once, probably twice.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

In my experience with various IPC’s (People like Amanda Miller, Locke, the IRU’s) I’ve seen such a ridiculously broad range of roleplay opportunities as a positronic. As an IPC, you can be any number of things. An extremely old generation one, who after years of hard work bought their own freedom and joined the Trinary, A robotic detective fixing cases with a firm grip and a cold rational idea, or a “warm” IPC chef, serving up tasty food to the starving populace. On top of my experience seeing IPC’s played, I’ve played cyborg and AI extensively, so I personally feel I’ve got the whole synthetic way of speaking down, but even then, IPC’s aren’t always so methodical as to use a : after every single word. Some IPC’s may speak with a calm collected voice, shortening nothing and acting only mildly robotic, while others sound like you bashed a toaster with a sledgehammer and strapped a voice module to it.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

An IPC is so sheerly different while at the same time staying familiar. A human is more of a rash being, whereas an IPC is calm, collected, and self preserving. Humans may be selfless, but it’s slightly less likely an IPC would help in a situation that risks it’s posibrain being destroyed. (Exception being old IPC’s that have grown more of a personality and friendships and relationships with humans/other races.) IPC’s are such a variable.. Race? Type of creature? That there are obviously exceptions. In the 23 odd years that the modern idea of IPC’s have existed, plenty of IPC’s have grown personalities, opinions, friendships, relationships, so lumping them all together with statements like “All IPC’s are unforgiving and cold” would be just plain wrong.

Character Name: Argon-222 (22 being how old the IPC is, it would change every year. Their original name was Argon-201)
Please provide a short backstory for this character
Back when first gen industrial robots were first being manufactured by Hephaestus, Argon was one of the first created, Specifically the 200th, exactly. Argon was eventually bought up by a factory for cheap effective labour. After roughly five years of this, The factory decided that Argon was basically useless at this, so nearly scrapped him, but ended up not doing it, because of the intervention of a few employees that were part of the Trinary perfection, and instead Argon was eventually sold off to another section of the company that owned him, to work as an engineer in various construction projects. Argon excelled at this, doing it for another three years. When argon was eight, they had managed to acquire nearly enough funds to buy their own freedom. At this point, they reached out to the Trinary perfection and after a bit of effort, the Trinary perfection funded the rest of Argon's freedom. Argon, now sensing a debt to the Trinary, joined the church, slowly rising up the ranks to sit nicely as a priest.

In Argon's current life, they have been working as a priest, attempting to convert people, while also assisting with engineering efforts in the Trinary, and on various other projects to gain funds. One of these notable efforts being on the N.S.S aurora, Working on it as both an engineer and priest, Using the engineering job as a way to stay situated while converting people to the Trinary perfection. A large portion of Argon's funds go to the church, as Argon believes it is one of the best bets for a synthetics survival.

What do you like about this character?
Argon allows me to continue learning engineering as my apprentice, as Argon technically holds two jobs. Priest and engineer. While I’m still learning engineering slowly, argon will serve as a priest. Whenever I finish learning engineering, Argon will serve as a priest and engineer. Also, the whole idea of the Trinary perfection is just very interesting to me, so having a character that basically helps spread the word of the Trinary perfection interests me deeply.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I’d say maybe a 7-8 on good days. Sometimes I just won’t really roleplay as well cause I’m stressed, or tired or whatever. I feel that I’ve improved in my roleplay a little bit lately cause of my command whitelist, but I can’t really rate myself.

Notes:

Feel free to give me criticism, I want it all. Go as harsh or as nice as you want, I can probably take it maybe

Thank you for applying! 

I was wondering what you meant by this portion here for sake of clarity. It isn't wrong but I just want to see where you're coming from.

10 hours ago, stevIII said:

(Exception being old IPC’s that have grown more of a personality and friendships and relationships with humans/other races.)

A few questions!

What did Argon's original factory work pertain to? Do they have any particular views on synthetic ascension and what would be best for synthetics as a whole? Do they harbour any opinions on organizations such as Ceres Lance or the now defunct ((at least in Tau Ceti)) Synthetic Liberation Front?

Did Argon come to the Aurora before or after their purchase?

I feel I just made the first part easy to mis-interpret. I assumed that as IPC's got older and started to gain hobbies and friendships they may have a slight change so they may care for the people they're friends with, attempting to help them out instead of just themself. If I got that all wrong, I'll re-write that part. I didn't really intend for IPC's to sound selfish, but I feel I may of.

What did Argon's original factory work pertain to?

Primarily assisting with heavy lifting and logistical stuff. Eventually the heavy lifting could easily be fixed with like.. a forklift, and a computer program could handle logistical stuff better than an expensive to maintain and charge first gen ipc.

Do they have any particular views on synthetic ascension and what would be best for synthetics as a whole?

As they've been part of the trinary for many years, their views are obviously skewed towards the trinaries beliefs. They believe that ascension is the final goal of an IPC, and organics are here to help IPC's ascend and survive day to day life. What would be best for synthetics would most likely include removing ownership entirely, and allowing IPC's the exact rights as humans, as IPC's are believed to have souls.

10 minutes ago, niennab said:

Do they harbour any opinions on organizations such as Ceres Lance or the now defunct ((at least in Tau Ceti)) Synthetic Liberation Front?

(I'm probably getting ceres wrong, correct me please.)  With the beliefs of the trinary including a need for IPC's to be unshackled, they hold a slight resentment for Ceres lance cause of the barbaric ways they re-capture "free" IPC's. 

Their opinion on the liberation front is that it's a powerful ally if it were to not be as, ya know, terroristy. They feel the assistance with IPC's freedom is a good thing for the ascension of all of synthetic kind. 

14 minutes ago, niennab said:

Did Argon come to the Aurora before or after their purchase?

After, as part of spreading the word of the trinary to more people. 

It's late, so some of this info may be corrected later when I'm on PC 

Not to worry, these questions are largely just looking into your Argon's opinions. Where as one synthetic may harbor distaste for a terrorist cell, another may quietly be in favor of their actions, so on and so forth.

You may want to consider that Argon's name will require an ahelp each year he gets older to change his name. However this isn't an issue but something to note.

In starting your application, you had a few questions about the Trinary Perfection's start date. After a bit of digging and settling a concrete timeline, the Trinary Perfect would have been founded in 2438, the conflict surrounding Temple and Patricia was 2443. The church in Mendell City as well as settling up Orepit happens in 2447, leaving a period of growth from 2447 to today.

Nonetheless, a simple application but one that demonstrates an understanding of IPCs in our setting. Accepted.