Kaedwuff's Head of Staff (re)Application)

BYOND key: Character names:

Spoiler

Ssalashtar Intesski
Tazhir Kra'xis
Esisshesi Ssreshkor
Korassh Guwan
Ickthar Slithiss
Arizi Ezrsozal
Lsizu Roeuses
Srkirizi Zusios
Akso Slikku
Kaozrios Szu
Soelilol Ulze
Himari Kitaru
Ilkioel Kikish
Isalreso Zeazsz
Sosilok Akhandi
Hraahzau Muhurrha
Njadrasanukii Rrhakaslav
Ilksso Srke
Survey
Special
Hosoekos Uzshrsu
Wolf

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:

Since 2016ish

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

I was on the whitelist before, and due to conduct the whitelist was removed.  So I have to fill out this form again.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

Because it is fun being here, most of the time.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:

Yes.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

Several, I'm sure. None of them outside of the forums have been serious enough to warrant a ban, that I can recall.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay should be about the cooperation between two or more people to perform an imaginary activity that, hypothetically speaking, is fun for everyone involved.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

The heads of staff don't serve a single purpose, other than leading their department. Collectively they run the station and, in situations of emergencies or abnormal events, they can reach a consensus as to the way the station will move forward.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

It's important for a whitelisted player to behave more responsibly than the average person, and in many cases restrain themselves from doing things like rushing to the nearest located antagonist to directly participate in contact when they could be doing administrative things like making sure the engine is running or the security team is arranging themselves effectively.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

Honestly the only recent thing of note I saw when I skimmed the news earlier was some stuff about a mass IPC malfunction, and given that most of my characters are unathi and already dislike robots, I can't see that it would done a whole lot to change their career.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

I dunno all of them?  I have a separate character for almost every head role, some of which I play more or less than others.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Himari Kitaru (Captain)

Tazhir Kra'xis (HoS)

Njadrasanukii Rrhakaslav (HoS)

Icktharr Slithiss (HoP)

Lsizu Roeuses (CMO)

Kaozrios Szu (CE)

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

13/10

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

Extremely, now.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

Yes.

Extra notes:

Many of my favorite characters are command roles, can I please have them back now :C

Kaed is someone that I, frankly, do not enjoy OOCly interacting with. They usually are abrasive, if not rude. Maybe that is my personal experience because we do not really tend to get along.

However, I do take pride in the fact that I separate the IC from the OOC rather well when it comes to enjoying characters, and I do enjoy Kaed's. They are well roleplayed, a pleasure to interact with both negatively and positively on board, and competent with command stuff. My biggest gripe with them was that Icktharr Slithiss was almost always a traitor on Secret, to the point where having him as a HOP became a death sentence if you were the Captain, but we have a lot more gamemodes now so maybe that won't happen as much.

+1

For what it's worth, I have lost almost all interest in Ickthar and the HoP role these days.  I don't plan to delete the character but there are other roles and characters that are more fun.

There's a certain, er, dull lack of excitement or challenge in being able to immediately give myself all access and proximity to the captain right from round start as an antag.

The problem with Ickthar was that there is only a small pool of people on server that want to be antags, one of which is myself, so when I am playing I am very often an antag.

Edited by Kaed
  • 2 weeks later...

It has been 10 days since I submitted this form.  Twice I have prodded Alberyk about the lack of staff response, and twice he has said he will have someone look into it, first by mentioning it, then promising to assign someone to it. As yet, the only person who has responded was Azande, who gave their support for my conduct as a roleplayer despite our OOC differences.

I'm not certain how I am supposed to interpret this. There are people who posted command applications after I made this one and are already on their trial. Have I done something incorrect in the form that needs to be fixed? 

I have nothing to go on here other than promises that a staff member will look this over followed by additional days of silence.