[ACCEPTED]Help Tomkiel bring his Fursona onto the server

BYOND Key: Tomkiel

Character Names:

Screenshot_378.png.f54b96e3f7e50d2b7d7284224e38baad.png

Species you are applying to play: Tajara

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: Taupe

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yup

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Right, WELL. Tajara, are imo one of the most interesting species, when it comes to their culture and history. They are a people that have been through two extremely bloody civil war, in the span of 40 years. Their culture, technology has rapidly changed and rapidly had to change with humans bringing in technologies which normally would be far away from the Tajara, as well as bringing in the spark, and the means for a civil war to be won by the "Progressives". So you essentially have this conflict between the old ways, and a new horizon to look forward to.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: I did state most of it in the point above. But besides what I already said, the Tajara are a people that have been ravaged by war. Pretty much every Tajara has felt it most likely in some significant way.

Character Name: Ostroverkhov Urvan

Please provide a short backstory for this character: Ostrov was born in 2440, during the interwar period in the city of Trizar, he was one of three other children. His childhood was quite peaceful, but then the fire nation attacked, until the war came to his city, when he was 14 years old. Due to his young age, he was not among the men fighting, but rather at the back lines, helping to tend to the wounded. He grew a liking to the "job" and, as many other young Tajara, he would follow the war, looking for adventure, and serving in the DPRA medical corps, taking wounded from the battlefield, dressing wounds, and often, being with soldiers in their last moments. And, as, once again, many other young Tajara, he learned the true face of war of modern war, the hard way, growing quite the disdain for it, in the end. He was amongst the lucky ones, coming out of the war with only a torn ear, and weakened hearing in his left ear. At the end of the war, he ended up helping out at an IAC facility, where he learned the basics of. . .basic, as well as more modern medical equipement. After the ceasefire was announced, he fully signed on with the IAC, being taken off planet with them, and (quite uneventfully) travelling the stars, for a bit over half a year, until finally ending up in Tau Ceti, and then signing onto the Aurora, as an EMT after deciding that the IAC was. . .too boring, to put it bluntly. He believes in the DPRA's cause, although he is staunchly against another war, and is more open minded to other, more diplomatic means, instead. He nominally believes in the worship of S'rand'marr, going by the philosophy of "There are no atheists on the battlefield"

What do you like about this character? (Describe what you like about this character How would you rate your role-playing ability?) Ostrov is a young Tajara, that is still finding his way in the Ceti blend of cultures, finding a lot of things. . .quite strange, that he had not encountered in his stay in the IAC. He would at least try to get along cordially with members of the other factions from Adhomai, and he could probably get into conflict with some of the more. . . jingoist DPRA supporters. And I like to think that my roleplay ability is decent.

Notes: I have made this app quite late, so I do apologise for any spelling mistakes and what not.

The application is concise and gets most of the aspects covered by the lore. But, I have some questions before I make a decision.

1. How does Ostroverkhov sees the other two Tajaran factions: the People's Republic of Adhomai and the New Kingdom?

2. What exactly are his plans on Tau Ceti? What keeps him in the system and not just going back to Adhomai?

3. What are his opinions in regards to the caste system that exists in the Tajaran species?

1. In his opinion, they're both wrong following oppressive ideals. NKA wanting to continue the opression of the lower classes while the PRA being a dictatorial slaughterhouse for anyone that opposes them. Although he does thinks that it's the leaders that misguided the masses that are to blame, and not the people themselves

2. He's still a young Tajara that is very much looking for adventure, just. . . something less bloody, this time. Hopefully

3. In his opinion, there shouldn't be any restrictions based on the race of Tajara you are. Every Tajara should be based on their merits, not what their ancestors did.

Edited by tomkiel