Callum99877's Head whitelist application.

BYOND key: Callum99877

Character names: Anderson, C.P.1.7, Martin Anderson, Patrick Anderson (dead) and 1 or 2 more.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Since last july.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

I have lots of reasons. Firstly, i would like to be more involved with events and the station.

I believe id make a good leader and i want to show everyone and myself that i can do it. I have seen lots of heads on but i like to come on in the morning before college in the "dead hour" and there arent usually heads in this time. I believe i could and would be a good head if given the opportunity. Ive enjoyed playing in medical, and security and am looking to take the next step, i belive playing as a head occasionally would be the next step.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

After testing multiple stations when i first started playing, i found aurora to be the most enjoyable. I also find the people here, admin or not, are all helpful when i need advice.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: i have now.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Firstly i believe Roleplay is about having fun, and to do this you must become your character, act as though you were really in the situation and interact with those around you. You need to do this in a way that makes the game enjoyable for you and other members of the community. however there is a difference between having fun and griefing, if your definition of fun is "bomb the shit outta everyone" that is not roleplaying. So you have to have fun in a mature way while obeying all the rules from the server.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

Before being a head of stuff a player must have knowledge of the game, especially the department they wish to lead. A head of stuff must obey the rules as the crew will be watching them for leadership and requesting their advice. Head of staff need to show an example for newer players as they will be asked for help and advice. If a new player had a bad experience due to a head, they may leave the server. A head of staff must be able to watch over their department, by this i mean keep their staff in line, watch over equipment, and make sure slackers, or those misbehaving, are put in their place. A head must prove themselves as a good leader.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

Firstly, whitelisted players are representing the server, they must obey the rules and show an example to others. They are going to be at the heart of the roleplay and need to keep the roleplay fun for all, the can also give advice to those hoping to get on the whitelist if they are nice... Whitelisted players are held to a higher standered due to the fact that heads are a key part of the game and must behave as far as rules are concerned.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Martin Anderson

Character age: 30

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Martin comes from mars, he is currently 30 and a Doctor aboard the NSS Aurora. He grew up with his brother Patrick living with his father. Ever since he was young he was motivated to help others by his father, his father desperately wanted him to be a doctor. He studied a medical degree before starting an internship at the age of 24 aboard a station owned by NanoTrasen, he had a very good start to his life and his career, growing up in a wealthy family, doing well in his education and now his internship, he was looking to the future with much ambition and enthusiasm.

Following this internship he worked as an emergency medical technician. Martin worked for two years in this role until the age of 27. It was at this time he was to be transferred. just before his 28th birthday Martin arrived aboard the NSS Aurora. and spent the first three months settling in. He was studying a Doctorate of Medicine between shifts, he worked hard at his studies trying to complete the qualification. Come the end of the year all his hard work had paid off, he achieved the promotion he desired and went back to full time work aboard the NSS Aurora as a medical doctor aged 28.

Martin continued his work for two years as a doctor. He had just turned 30 when he had worked for NanoTrasen for 6 years. He decided he would keep working for a promotion, he wanted to be the best he could be, so he studied a management course, he also took the NanoTrasen Upper-Management Aptitude Test. Over the course of the year. He is currently awaiting results.

What do you like about this character?:

I love his perseverance, after his brother passed away (which i deliberately left out) he kept going to get where he is. And with martin the sky is the limit, he always wants to go a step further.

What do you dislike about this character?:

He sometimes lets emotions get in the way, this can be a very bad thing.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff?:

i think he has the qualities, but not just yet, given a little training he would be.

Why?:

He has the skills in the department, but as far as attitude is concerned he needs to stop letting his emotions bring him down. Also, he needs 4 more years department experience as the NanoTrasen policy states. so at the moment he isnt ready, given time i know he can be.

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

This is where id like peoples feedback, because the best feedback would come from those that have roleplayed with me, I like to think my roleplay is good and is improving. Of course there is room for improvement as nobody is perfect but i believe i have what it takes to play as a HoS or a CmO

Extra notes:

Last time i made a whitelist app (ipc) I got very little feedback despite its approval. So id appreciate feedback good or bad, If there is something i need to work on, please tell me. Also if i missed anything please tell me as my application was slightly rushed at the end. Ive Re-edited the character and backstory, I apologise that the backstory part isnt my strong point and i must work on that, So please feel free to give criticism, all feedback helps me to get better, thanks.

Edited by Guest

Martin Anderson is awesome character, I like when he is freaking Stamos all time)) and Stamos is martin's target as antag #1. Also i was playing with C.P.17 a lot of time, you cab feel how his Borg playing truly intelligence machine.

So +1

Guest Menown

Okay.

First: It sounds like you've kept an entire nuke round canon for his backstory.

Second: The Aurora is two years old, I believe, so his timeline wouldn't fit in our lore.

Third: He's an Engineer, but over the course of three years went through what it takes to become a Warden/Officer/Head of Security.

Fourth: Heads of Staff need to have 10+ years of service for NanoTrasen, unless they have experience with their role in another field (I believe.) It's highly doubtful to me that they'd hire a former Engineer with three years experience in the security field for work as a Head of Security.

Given these things, I don't see Samuel as a fit for HoS, which is what you're applying for him to be. However, I've played with you in several medical roles, and I've seen you perform. Despite Martin being something of a "backstabber" he'd probably be a suitable CMO, but I don't think he'd be a good leader.

I'm not holding any judgement here, but I'm simply outlining these points for others to consider, as I've not had a proper amount of experience with you in the field, so to speak.

Callum's RP isn't always at the highest standard, but you can say that about a lot of people on this server. With that in mind I've never had any problems with Callum, except maybe a slight feeling that he needs to rush into danger.

Honestly all my experiences with your characters have been quite good, literally the only issue I had with you was as an IAA you were trying to hunt a wizard, but I haven't seen you do something like that and people who've powergamed a lot more than that have been accepted into higher positions so I don't see why not.

I fully endorse this application, I think with a bit of work you could easily be a great roleplayer.