Balance Changes

Naelynn

1) Shields. Make them worthwhile. When was the last time you actually saw security or antags using them without me being involved?

2) Security voidsuits are laughably bad for supposedly 'armored' suits.
To the point that the skrellian voidsuits under them work better as combat voidsuits

3) Mercenary rigsuit has 0.1 siemens mod. a.k.a: It's almost insulated. Just why. Let the thing be insulated, this is just an annoying value.

4) many items in the traitor PDA have questionably costs for their purpose. I can have a cane sword for [I think?] 6 tc. That I have to pretty much always have in my hand that does mediocre damage, or I can buy an esword for 8, deal waaay more damage and be able to just slap it in my pocket.

5) Shotguns need to be looked at. They are underused by pretty much everyone, I didn't use them enough to be able to conclusively say why, but I suspect it's the values on their ammo.

6) Why do wirecutters randomly do 1 more damage than every other tool in the tool belt, ONTOP of having a chance to cause bleed procs [including internal bleeding]
[Excluding active welding tool, which is 15.]

7) As far as I can tell, experimental welding fuel regens fuel faster than it consumes it, if it is active but not being used for any purpose

8 ) Merchant life is hell because the crew does not have enough income to actually purchase from the merchant. The merchant code was balanced around LRP where people just dump all the cash they have to the merchant regardless of if they would be able to afford breakfast tommorow. Merchant prices need to be cut in half [cannot double crew income because news articles reference credits and etc.]

9) Why can the vault spawn with a /practice/ laser rifle.
10) Vault loot in general is hot trash and should be adjusted.

11) EVA Rigsuit can randomly slot a toolbox into it's suit slot, making it the single most powerful voidsuit short of antag-exclusive rigsuits. (It has no slowdown, has a 'ghetto backpack' in the toolbox, is insulated, can slot utility mods like RCD, Drills, jetpack...)

12) Duct tape is strictly superior to handcuffs is every aspect except role playing due to it's versatility. Make duct tape cuffs easier to escape from.

13) Surgical Drill randomly does the same amount of damage as surgical saw, even though one of them is a hard to use tiny precision drill, and the other a huge saw made to cut bones

• Gem locked this topic