SierraKomodo's Unathi Whitelist

BYOND Key: SierraKomodo

Character Names: Ariana Eshlian, Katana, Kunai, Kylan Hadyara, Miraj Zi'Ad, Rasine Ha'kim, Sairis Helosi, Sarah Wolfe, Sean Zelios, Ziva Mo'Taki

How long have you been playing on Aurora: 3 months

Species you are applying to play: Unathi

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Dull reddish-brown, almost rust-colored

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: In the long run, I plan on having at least one character for every race that's currently in Aurora's lore. I want to have a more diverse listing of characters, instead of my current 3 humans, 1 IPC, and 4 tajarran, which seem to be the most common races on the station lately. I was debating on creating a skrell, but I had a sudden inspiration for a female Unathi running civilian level jobs, and decided to roll with that.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Unathi from Moghes are a patriarchal clan-based species, unlike humanity where men and women are on more or less equal footing. The female character I'll be palying would be used to being nothing more than a sentient tool to do the housework for her clan - Cooking, cleaning, book-keeping, etc etc. Additionally, the Unathi are more formal/reserved socially - Preferring to be referred to by their surname, not liking physical touch from those they don't know well, and in referring to superiors in an extended name of sorts (Example: If talking with any of security, whom would technicaly be her superior in the jobs she'll hold, she would refer to them as 'Aurora Security' instead of using their names.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest?: As I read through the lore on the wiki, poked a few people about it, and thought of how this character would have developed in the traditional settings of Moghes, I got more inspired for this character, and now I'm attached to her idea/concept. The only way I'll be able to play this character on Aurora is if I'm able to play as an Unathi.

Character Name: Saite Kesra (Sigh-Eat - silent t)

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs: Saite was born to and grew up in a clan of Unathi engineers, though as one of the females of the clan, she was never trained in any of her family's engineering work. Instead, her time with the family was spent helping clean their home, put food on the table, keep things organized and, at times, would join her male siblings to do the same tasks at a job site.

Due to the nature of her clan's work, there was some contact with travellers and merchants of other species when she was working at a job site preparing food and cleaning messes. As she grew up, she started getting more and more interested in the stories these visitors had to tell of the universe outside Moghes. On her twentieth birthday (hatch-day?), she approached her grandfather - The clan's current Alpha - with a request to leave Moghes like other Unathi have before her to explore the outside universe she had heard so much about. He was reluctant, at first, but eventually gave in to the idea, on a single condition: She would be accompanied by one of her brothers. Siiead Kesra (See-Ed), from the same clutch, volunteered to go with, and in the year 2456 they had both set out with the Alpha's blessing.

A year later, and Saite had found employment with NanoTrasen. Having just signed her employment contract, and completed her orientation training and shown she knows enough Tau Ceti Basic to function on station, she has been assigned to the NSS Aurora for janitorial and assistant work as a trial period.

What do you like about this character? It's a new concept entirely for me to play a character that considers herself the bottom of the command chain, and considers everyone else a superior, or even for me to play a character thats entirely focused on civilian roles (Janitor, Chef, Librarian, etc). Plus, this makes her rather dependent on another figure (Her brother), even though she is working to earn credits herself (Which her and her brother are sharing - and yes, I imagine he has a job too), so being on station, away from Siiead or any other family might prove interesting.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I r gewd engriz and arpee. Is good yaya. In all seriousness though, I think I've been RPing pretty good lately. People seem to like all of my characters that I actively play, and I've had a lot of fun with trying to play a variety of different personalities and styles.

Notes: Humans are friends. Not food. Monkeys, however, are delicious treats to be consumed on sight.

Edited by Guest