Raise the Player Requirement For Nuke Ops.

Jakers457

Personally I think it is pretty bad at the moment. I mean, Security is comprised of a lot of roles and most don't include combat or leaving the brig. So when you have say.... One officer, Warden, HoS, Cadet and FT while a team of heavily armed operatives attack the station, it usually ends up one sided.

We need to take into account that if one of those combat ready roles is goes SSD then you're severely lacking in firepower and always relying on ERT to save the day is not ideal. I propose we raise the player limit to a number that would in theory, ensure all the departments have enough personnel to deal with disasters such as these.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

The number of people who don't ready up at round start (including me because I see which department needs what character before going in) means raising the player requirement would just force more revotes.

And with how many times I have seen ops robusted either by each other or militiamen, you're being a bit... Generous for the robustness of ops.

Personally I think it is pretty bad at the moment. I mean, Security is comprised of a lot of roles and most don't include combat or leaving the brig. So when you have say.... One officer, Warden, HoS, Cadet and FT while a team of heavily armed operatives attack the station, it usually ends up one sided.

We need to take into account that if one of those combat ready roles is goes SSD then you're severely lacking in firepower and always relying on ERT to save the day is not ideal. I propose we raise the player limit to a number that would in theory, ensure all the departments have enough personnel to deal with disasters such as these.

If you're outnumbered it might give the nuke ops more op opportunity without worrying about being super robusted by sec cadets, so I'm quite against this.

The Security department is just like a small group of people intended to keep the peace, as far as I know. They haven't been designed nor are they intended to arm up and go full frontal war with heavily-armed invading forces. That's why the ERT exist and have bigger guns.

Perhaps but the antagonists main objective is not to win. It is to make the round interesting for players. The only reason I propose the raised player level is because a skeleton crew cannot manage the nuclear attack, it might not be ideal but when not a lot of people end up enjoying the round it defeats the purpose of making the round interesting. When you have three people in medical, two people in Engineering and a hand full of people in Security, it doesn't bode well. Especially if Engineering go SSD, a good number of medical aren't too sure on how to play their roles and Security can't do much due to being bound by SoP when it comes to who can do what, it means allowing for the station to suffer damage before you get more crew to sustain it. Security is to engage the Ops, the Engineers are to repair the battle damage and the medical officers are there to treat the wounded and allow for the round to flow. If Nuke ops basically outrobust and outnumber the crew then it be best to end it with a quick and painless blow rather than have it drag out with people ending up disgruntled.

Well, I'm gonna say keep it the way it is.

If you're understaffed and against dangerous nuke ops, there's always calling CC using consoles, faxes, and recruiting people (I.E trusted cargonians, engineers, civilians, and doctors.).

Perhaps but the antagonists main objective is not to win. It is to make the round interesting for players. The only reason I propose the raised player level is because a skeleton crew cannot manage the nuclear attack, it might not be ideal but when not a lot of people end up enjoying the round it defeats the purpose of making the round interesting. When you have three people in medical, two people in Engineering and a hand full of people in Security, it doesn't bode well. Especially if Engineering go SSD, a good number of medical aren't too sure on how to play their roles and Security can't do much due to being bound by SoP when it comes to who can do what, it means allowing for the station to suffer damage before you get more crew to sustain it. Security is to engage the Ops, the Engineers are to repair the battle damage and the medical officers are there to treat the wounded and allow for the round to flow. If Nuke ops basically outrobust and outnumber the crew then it be best to end it with a quick and painless blow rather than have it drag out with people ending up disgruntled.

Nuke ops won't outnumber the crew.

They should indeed be able to out robust some cops-for-hire considering they're trained professionals with high tech weaponry.

And no security is not there to engage the nuke ops, they're there to uphold regulations and keep the crew safe. That could just mean getting everyone away from the nuke ops, and defending them to cover the civilian retreat.

Nuke ops won't outnumber the crew.

They should indeed be able to out robust some cops-for-hire considering they're trained professionals with high tech weaponry.

And no security is not there to engage the nuke ops, they're there to uphold regulations and keep the crew safe. That could just mean getting everyone away from the nuke ops, and defending them to cover the civilian retreat.

I'm speaking from a gameplay perspective opposed to an IC one.

well, let's face it. the nuclear game mode was fashioned awhile back as a team-based antag game mode, in which the antags work together to bring down an entire cadre of people who work together. problem is, they're outnumbered. to compensate, they get restricted, rare gear no one else will get. they're also expected to know game mechanics well enough to robust the crew's face in millions of different ways.

i've seen nuke teams tear an entire station apart without taking a single shot to their hardsuit. nukies just need to know how not to screw up so badly that it affects the team, too, it's never been an issue with them being outnumbered. they're just not gud or robust enough to balance the playing field.