Rimworld - Lizard Nightmare

A silly idea of mine, but a potentially funny one... Rimworld, but with three lizard boys from the Aurora, let's see how bad it gets...

Game details:

Spoiler

Playing on Rimworld 1.2, by the way. Storyteller is Cassandra Classic, on Adventure Story difficulty. Royalty DLC is on.

And here is the active modlist:

Modlist.png.c2462f4626e69faf31caa8677eade9e4.png

World seed is "callie" with normal temperature, rainfall and population, with 100% generated.

Landing site comes from me pressing the select random site button until I got something that wouldn't kill me outright. It's hot, it's mountainous, it's at the doorstep of some hostile settlement, but it's what I got. Also we're playing on a 275x275 tiles map.

1033246588_LandingSite.png.f8c1174af3743868066b9448d36be992.png

Our protagonists (and their stuff)

Spoiler

1846703608_RWSez.thumb.png.f4e8df925023702e2e9a86e2f921c9c3.png

502728401_RWKars.thumb.png.e98843b1a97842d10085225d7137b943.png

2144192728_RWBoomerlizard.thumb.png.2376520229d423f0afb917f4b7837ba3.png

400273929_Startingstuff.thumb.png.7c1f5a82cacdd1d638656aa35bc3476e.png

Tweaked the starting stuff so it makes sense (ie: no wood if they crashed with a space ship), and so it remains balanced (notice 0 points remaining)

PROLOGUE

Spoiler

It was just like any other day on the NSS Aurora. These kinds of days, with skeleton crews and not much to do. Things went smooth, mostly... That is until Centcomm sent an urgent message. Something strange happened, in space, scientists get various readings that make no sense, and the NTV Icarus had to change course to avoid whatever this was. Pointing out the fact that the Aurora was equipped for this mission, and that it was the closest installation to this phenomenon, Centcomm demanded that the Expedition Shuttle be sent to investigate and do, at least, a preliminary analysis.

Being the only worker in science at that time, and being, on paper, trained for this kind of situation, Sezrak Han'san, anomalist, was to be sent, he chose Kar'skalzi Bollu, paramedic and friend, to join him and help if anything went wrong. Finally, Chief Engineer Kuhserze Ioraks tagged along, needing to see how well the shuttle would perform after having upgraded its engines and added some new features such as ejection pods, more storage space, and more sensors... and also just because he wanted to.

The flight was short and uneventful. Quickly, the anomaly became visible. Just outside of the Romanovich cloud was a massive... Storm? Some sort of cyclone, spinning around a blue disc. Quickly, Sezrak got to work. The Icarus even sent a couple of drones that would act as probes... After a couple of hours of intense research, and even some help from his friends, he managed to get a theory... This was some sort of Bluespace portal, that opened for unknown reasons, now in a stable orbit in Tau Ceti... In other words, a sort of natural warp gate. A first in known history.

Not content with just this, however, and after sending a third probe to make sure that this would be safe, Sezrak decided that they would fly through that gate... And so, they did. After a short trip, the shuttle left from the other side of the Bluespace rift, discovering a new, unknown system... Or was it? right by the gate was what seemed to be an inhabited world... Judging by the first scans, both of the planet, the traces of civilization on it, and the system itself, our Trio estimated that they were somewhere in the frontier.

Satisfied with what they saw now, they decided to head back home, send their data to Centcomm, and let them do the serious part of analyzing this anomaly... But just as they were going to pass through the rift, the shuttle's engines blew up. The rear section of the ship turned into a ball of phoron fire, that was however quickly put out by the depressurization that followed. However, with half of the ship missing, they couldn't risk flying through the rift... Not that they could reach it since their engines were now missing anyways... And more importantly, their husk of a ship was drifting towards the nearby planet!

With no other choices but to abandon ship, the Unathi trio ran into the newly built ejection pods, hoping that they would work better than the upgraded engine, and left the ship... Now, they could only to the Spirits, the Goddess, or whatever else they had, that they would survive the landing...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 14/09/2021 at 02:26, Venty said:

It's so sad that the lizards died of starvation... no updates to feed them...

Turned out to be a lot of work, and I... Badly recorded everything, which isn't grate for telling the tale. Plus between College and all...

I did not give up, however, and with the game being updated and that Ideology updated, I'm probably going to retry it, soon, hopefully.

Edited by Captain Gecko
6 hours ago, Captain Gecko said:

Turned out to be a lot of work, and I... Badly recorded everything, which isn't grate for telling the tale. Plus between College and all...

I did not give up, however, and with the game being updated and that Ideology updated, I'm probably going to retry it, soon, hopefully.

After months, the reply comes...

On a serious note, don't feel obligated if other matters require attention. We can wait patiently!

On 24/11/2021 at 16:22, Venty said:

After months, the reply comes...

On a serious note, don't feel obligated if other matters require attention. We can wait patiently!

Don't worry, I'm certainly not going to feel serious, let alone obligated about doing an Aurora-scalie themed Rimworld walkthrough! But once I get the time, I'll do it, because I want to.

There WILL be even more mods too, and I'm going to see if I can actually make a mod/tweak the (epic) anthro race mod to really get actual Unathi/Tajaras, maybe add other Xenos too... Also ideologies for some extra Dominian robot-purging hopefully.