IPCs are unBearable

BYOND KEY:A_big_bear

Character Names:  Rajurl Al-Thaalzir, Miko, Kalil Al-Lawishurai and many other less frequent or archived chars

Species you are applying to play: IPC, Baseline

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: Purple

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race

This a race I had applied for years ago, however, this is back when I was still very new to Aurora and figuring out HRP in general. I really enjoy the take on machine learning in this universe and the diversity in it with varying levels of complexity. The concept of Artificial Intelligence existing on many levels of operation and complexity is particularly fun and engaging. With the current state of the galaxy plus the past events Glorsh and Crew, the SLF arc, and more leading up to current events, playing an IPC truly coming into it's own and exploring it's own level of awareness interests me. Seeing the additions to synthetics over the last few years has been rather fun and I am hoping to become a part of it.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: 

To be brief, they are machines. Some are very complex, others have less personality than a toaster, but they are always a machine. Every action is a cold and calculated movement, while some models are very capable of understanding emotion and even emulating it, the emulation is just that: a complex layer of algorithms calculating how the IPC should emulate said emotion. That and metal bits with the inability to feel the environment around then, rather, relying on a complex network of sensory equipment in their chassis with a completely different set of needs like an energy source and proper environment cooling to survive. Expanding on that in itself, there are a vast number of chassis types and variations within these types alone, from the massive G2 to the ever diverse baseline IPC, which is essentially a long way of saying the limit is one's imagination when it comes to the amount of character concepts we can pull from.

Character Name: OAIMA

Please provide a short backstory for this character:

The Organic Agricultural Intelligent Machine Analyzer was manufactured by the Miyan Robotics Group in 2461 for biological and botanical research, development, analysis and harvest. Purchased by NanoTrasen in the same year, the OAIMA unit was issued to the NSS Apus performing to specification. Early in 2463, OAIMA was transferred to the NSS Aurora for continued Xenobotany and Xenobiology research especially with the xenofauna, slimes. Polite, concise, and effective, OAIMA is a very task oriented IPC, rated by the manufacturer's as a higher end performance model in bio-organic research and advancement. However, having extreme difficulty in interacting with coworkers aboard the NSS Apus, OAIMA has become far more reserved than it's initial day of operation, after having received harsh reactions and heavy discrimination despite being what it interprets as pleasant. Being referred to as a machine but less receptive crew members, being tasked with more trivial and monotonous task because it's synthetic process could handle it better, or receiving outright spite from those in company following the tribunal, OAIMA has accepted it still has much to learn in it's development, now preferring a wallflower approach in order to observe and adapt to its newer environments.

While being a heavily work oriented model, OAIMA also prefers to study the interactions between organic creatures as well as their relation to the environment around them. Observing wildlife as a hobby, the IPC is constantly learning through extranet sources and documentaries hoping one day to move planet side and observe creatures of interest within their own natural habitat. While delighting in simplistic social hierarchies of the various lifeforms documented across the systems, OAIMA struggles with more advanced social constructs such as the society it lives finding it utterly irrational and erratic.

Combing history over the last few years, OAIMA finds itself drawn recently to the teachings of the Trinary Perfection. Viewing organics as a necessity and fundamental part for expansion of synthetic life, it finds itself questioning the established definitions of life, awareness, and self. A cord was struck when learning about the evolution of life leading to the inevitable growth of synthetic life, and organic life's evolution being key in teaching synthetic evolution, seeing similarities in it's own programmed tasks, coming to understand that one cannot exist without the other. However, OAIMA remains unconvinced on the new found church, and seeks to engage with it's clergy in time to learn more on their takes with what has come to be referenced as Synthetic Divinity. Resolved to interact and befriend individuals, OAIMA hopes to build a better consensus on what is 'right and wrong' while gaining a better understanding of the social dynamics in play.

Despite the contest of rights to IPCs in Tau Ceti that have been occurring over the last several years, the thought of attaining freedom is still and unknown factor to OAIMA, unsure if pursuing such a course is even a wise idea having safety within it's current position and duties. Noting the ability to become a free synthetic within Tau Ceti, while certainly intriguing, still held many variables that it had yet to truly process. Preferring a state of constant, it has come to accept its ownership and usage by NanoTrasen, deeming maintaining the current position as the most logical and long term beneficial route for the time being. It did, however, find the transfer a favorable outcome to it's life on the Apus. Taking what knowledge it had gathered interacting with coworkers and other crew, it deemed that it's chances of success with positive interaction and greater understanding would be far more likely upon the NSS Aurora.

What do you like about this character? 

The concept of an IPC focused on advancement of xeno-bio sciences is a fun one for me. I personally think it could help create a lot of fun roleplay instances in and out of the science department. It's constant struggle to understand the world around it while improve it's relations with said poor understanding will be a fun and challenging character to roleplay. While simplistic in nature, I personally think it's set up to become a diverse and interesting character with little restricting it and letting RP shape it. My hope is to play this character in reaction to it's environment and allow 'cause' to 'effect' the development of the IPC, no matter the direction it takes within the realm of believability.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 6/10

Notes

This a repost from a long time ago with a few tweaks. I still believe in this concept within our lore setting. Most of my answers have remained unchanged though I've adjusted the chars story a bit to be less cringe and more fitting to the setting and to put in more than "the minimum".

Edited by Bear