consular quoro looks very GNC today

BYOND Key: WitchBells

Discord Username: Changes with the wind. Right now it's tiny cat#8952

Character Name: Quoro Wurri'Til

Item Name: I've elaborated on each of the three items in the description instead.

Item Function(s): They are clothing. They clothe. I'd like the outer robes to have some pockets, though.

Item Description:

black robes

Some simple black robes, made to wear under something more elaborate. The fabric has a distinct texture to it, giving you the impression of activewear or swimsuits.

skrellian fancy robes

An elaborate yet functional set of robes favored by the upper echelons of skrellian society, with a silver belt attached. A star is embroidered on the back, symbolizing the Jargon Federation.

skrellian silver headband

A jeweled silver headband worn at the base of the headtails.

Why is your character bringing this item to work?: As a primary numeral and as diplomatic personnel, Quoro has an obligation to look their best. Skrell of Quoro's status are afforded only the sickest threads and the flyest accessories.

How did your character obtain this item?: Probably via some department store that only people of their status can enter. Especially the fancy robes.

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell?: Quoro knows their place in society, and (though they'd never say it outloud) expects those around them to know it as well. It also allows them to stand apart from human crewmembers with something distinct and alien, and I'm really into making my characters culturally distinct lately.

Sprites: Located in the attachment! Thank you, sprite santa!

Additional Comments: I knew this was relevant but I didn't know which field to put it in. This character really excites me because I have way, waaaaay more experience playing "degenerates" than I do any other character type. I've made a guwan, a fucking calico, and a glorsh sympathizer. But Quoro is the opposite of that! They're a dignitary and part of a class in skrellian society points at, and goes, "See this? This is what we want you to be." For whatever reason, skrell consulars have been really unpopular to play, so I get to put Quoro on the station like WORRY NOT. BIG BROTHER FROG IS WATCHING. It's great. I'm having fun.

frog drip (quoro's outfit).dmi

I spoke to the skrell lore team about this item - it's really cool, but some of them believe that the color layout on the purple/white coat is very close to the Zeng-Hu colours (of the labcoat too). Is it possible that the two colors could be inverted, or the purple could be made darker?

1 hour ago, MattAtlas said:

I spoke to the skrell lore team about this item - it's really cool, but some of them believe that the color layout on the purple/white coat is very close to the Zeng-Hu colours (of the labcoat too). Is it possible that the two colors could be inverted, or the purple could be made darker?

I'm really fond of the shade I used, but we can change it on the labcoat. I'd really like to keep it on the accessories.