Lazarus So-Jal and his Retro Helmet

BunkyB

BYOND Key: BunkyB

Discord Username: bunkyb #3168

Character Name: Lazarus So-Jal

Item Name: Retro Helmet

Item Function(s): It is a helmet with two states which can be toggled between, like the riot and welding helmets.

Item Description: An old, worn out piloting helmet retrofitted with the latest tech, it is covered in scratches and stickers. Protecting your skull since 2395

Why is your character bringing this item to work?: A family heirloom of sorts, Lazarus has a strong familial connection to this helmet, bringing it on all of the sorties he's flown, be it for work, transport or otherwise. He intends to continue this tradition by bringing it to his new job, a star in his career. 

How did your character obtain this item?: After hitting a mature age, Lazarus, with the support of his parents, decided to move to the Republic of Biesel and was given this helmet to both maintain strong family ties and protect, as a token of luck.

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell?: Lazarus was born on Crosk shortly after his family moved there for work when it was first colonized by the Xanusians; his father had worn this helmet for work purposes and on his off-time, gave Lazarus a chance to play around with it, he ended up fond of the helmet his father wore.

Lazarus respects his father and when he was offered to take his helmet when he entered his adult life, Lazarus was more than ecstatic, agreeing immediately. 

Sprites: 

retrohelmet_sojal.dmi

image.png.b4a94deb420726972736310edd8f4194.png

Additional Comments: This is a character created for NBT that I have occasionally used on-station, I understand if I haven't played the character enough and I hope to remedy that in this coming testing month.