Seuseisak's Ancestor Mask

Aticius

BYOND Key: Aticius

Discord Username: Aticius#1554

Character Name: Akara Seuseisak

Item Name: steel face mask

Item Function(s): A welding mask seems appropriate, but so long as it fits on the head slot and can flip between two seperate icon-states, I can live with it.

Item Description: A mask made out of a single heavy piece of steel with a heavy backing strap to keep it in place. Seems lightly rusted.

Why is your character bringing this item to work?: This mask, while deceptively simple (and distinctly uncomfortable) has significant religious importance to Akara, as it is an heirloom from their clan. More practically, it also serves to hide their face and eyes in a more culturally distinct way, while not abandoning what she believes to be her guardian spirit.

How did your character obtain this item?: This item was passed down to Akara, from their clan. They've had it since her age of majority and worn it for about as long.

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell?: Firstly, it covers up a scarred face, something they'd rather not be open with. Secondly, she believes that their mask is inhabited by a powerful zo'zyola that watches over them, specifically. Her clan has several of these masks that have been handed down through each generation, and this one is specifically theirs.

I believe that this mask helps to reinforce that this character is spiritual and deeply so, in a slightly uncanny way. It also serves to add a bit of mystery to what is underneath their mask, as they make no small attempt to keep it obscured.

Sprites: akaramask.dmi

Additional Comments: While a straight welding mask child can (and will) suffice, this character is expected to wear their mask essentially always. This poses a problem in that the darkness overlay is quite dark. I'd rather not strain my eyes, but I have no idea how to use the lesser overlay, that the superior welding goggles use. This is ultimately meaningless, but a big metal mask probably shouldn't be easy to see out of.

Hey there! I don't really handle accepting custom items or not, but I certainly can add my bit as far as lizard lore goes to help the people in charge make the right choice. So as far as lizard lore goes... Yeah it's good, nothing bad to to say.

Also good work with that sprite (Getting some good Bionicles vibes from it, I love it)

+1