NikThaGod Command Whitelist

BYOND key: NikThaGod

Discord Username: Nik!!!#8097

Character names:

Henry Kuschnir

Balthazar Greenhorn

Nikolas Kuschnir

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I have been playing since 2017.
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?:
I received a ban back in 2017 from when malf AI was still a thing.

I had a ban back in 2021 related to bad escalation of a situation as a security officer.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
The OOC purpose of the staff is to have someone the players can look upon to in either guidance or to be taught something. A command member is someone that will guide the department to the best, ensuring a good RP experience for everyone involved it. Together with being useful to new players who wish to learn the mechanics and how everything works, even more in the department I have most interest in that is science where you have a lot of room to learn and invent new things but rarely find someone to teach the basics. Together with someone to rely on when problems arise and people are looking for a solution.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
They have the responsability to encourage roleplay and ensure that people are feeling as immersed as possible in the game. To play along with the antagonists so the round is fun for everyone, to solve issues that are created IC or even OOC and keep it a general good relationship. To uphold these responsabilities I would do my best to have everyone interacting among each other and producing things. My main focus would be on the science field so I want to poke the creativity of the scientists and help them find new things while sharing the knowledge I already have.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
There was recently the bombing on the embassy by the anti-federation agents, together with the arrivals of refugees together with the newly created Starlight Zone. Nikolas being a former member of the Aurora crew was now put in the newly made Horizon ship which will serve as a important chapter in the space exploration and discovery, therefore giving the man a brand new opportunity to occupy the role he had dreamed with so long.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
I really plan on playing RD as it is a command position that no one plays as and I believe it is rather important. I also plan on touching HoP later on as I get more experience in the field.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Yes I went through them on the positions I wish to go for and learned the paperwork needed together with the burocracy that comes with it,  just to make the RP looks as realistic as possible.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:
I have Nikolas Kuschnir that I plan on making him the RD.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Yes I understand that the position requires me to maintain a good profile at all times and I will do my best to do so.

Have you linked your byond account to the forums? 

I have, yes.

Extra notes:
The actions taken against me aren't anything too Major, beside the one in 2017 where I was brand new to SS13, since then I have learned more and more, now I feel like I have enough knowledge of the game to apply to such important roles.

I’ve spent quite a few rounds with Nikolas. One of the most important things I look for in command apps is wanting to improve, this player has. While he was learning some of the more niche mechanics of research he went out and asked for help in learning how to be better which is a great sign. As far as characters go I’ve only ever spent extended time with Nikolas so for them I’ll say watching the character go from just another lab coat to a extroverted member of the team was a joy. I’d recommend giving them a trial +1

Edited by Tadpolesrcold
Spellcheck

I've been Xenoarch with Kuschnir, and they're pretty good from what I can tell.

From being open with his staff, to just working with whatever research comes up with, and in general being a decent character, I feel like he's a good command member. More casual than some, but that's not actually an issue, just an observation.

+1

• Shadow locked this topic