[Resolved] Action Complaint - Issued warning

BYOND Key: Diggey Mineson
Staff BYOND Key: peppermint96
Game ID: unsure, Yonnimer was there, it took place 2022 - 05 - 29 at 19:30
Reason for complaint: I think beeing issued a permanent warning, which goes on your record for years, for making the PG version of a euphemism for wasting time with minimal to no warning/explanation, and disregarding my apology, is a bit harsh
Evidence/logs/etc:

grafik.png.68a99acb1dd28756db29b51ef29268f6.png

grafik.png.b8a1a1bc23dc957ef8205149712e686b.png

grafik.png.fe42ad58dc2a14e61d7f6fc2a81a3920.png

grafik.png.c37a48d84ab33028012052809583b11e.png

Additional remarks:

There are a couple remarks that are quite necessary to understanding what actually happened here.

I play a lot of Ghostroles, I think it injects spice into a round without beeing liable to be interrupted by an Antagonist.

When I play Ghostrole a player I know and talk to regularly, Imperial Duck, Observes me and we chat in Looc, I know Imperial Duck is over the Age of 18 and as such we talk very casually. This happens very regularly.

During chatter it came up that I was forced to handle most of the jobs on the cargo freighter and I , in essence, said "I was busy doing 3 jobs while the captain was busy doing nothing" the exact wording can be seen in the evidence above.

I do not think that the H E double hockeysticks version of "Was jackin off instead of helping" merits a permanent red mark on my record.

I have seen and done far less PG things on station, from Implied interracial orgies to literal racism/classism. I assumed SS13 was at least PG 13 whatwith the blood and gore and the Flesh-gore tendril monster that shows up every 6 hours. Not to mention the explicit themes of war, loss, Classism and Speciesism with entire factions dedicated to it.

Additional Additional info:

The captain in question noticed I was tense and excused themselves in LOOC, after the bluespace jump initiated, for stressing me out.

I clarified to them that "nah you are fine I am tense because I got bwoinked" and we chatted a little about what happened that round.

He of course wanted to know why I got bwoinked so I explained and so long so forth

Peppermint came back and told me I was whining, which is not exactly professional conduct. Wether or not I WAS whining is irrelevant.

They shouldn't step out of their way to tell me their opinion. It is not professional conduct.

They did however tell me I was not allowed to discuss Warnings in LOOC which I was not aware of at the time.

This is the point where Yonnimer stepped in and the stress was a bit much to handle for me so I, with express permission of course, Cryo'd and logged off. This is why I can not post chatlogs. I was done for the day.

Edited by Faris
On 01/06/2022 at 09:44, Faris said:

I’ll see about resolving it this weekend.

Just want to make sure this is not a complaint about Peppermint primarily-

I do not think a warning for crude language is unreasonable.

The complaint is mostly about:

a Private conversation between consenting adults results in a warning with no explanation which goes on a permanent record despite an attempt at excusing myself beeing made on a first offense.

the extrenuous circumstances are what makes me complain about the action beeing taken not about the Actioneer proceeding to taking said action

The warning will stay, but will be amended slightly to better convey the issue.

As the server has no current age limit, anything said over discord or the server, even between two consenting adults, is still in plain view of others. Certain portrayals and standards may differ on certain topics, but the one constant on a server without a minimum age is sexual content, be it portrayed or implied. The warned example and the example you raised of "Implied interracial orgies" are not allowed, though we won't be increasing the punishment over it, this post and the warning will be serving as a notice for the issue.

• Faris changed the title to [Resolved] Action Complaint - Issued warning
  • Faris locked this topic