Antagonist Roles Ban, Ciruk

BYOND Key: Ciruk.
Total Ban Length: It appears to be permanent.

Banning staff member's Key: WickedCybs.

Reason of Ban: (IMG)

Reason for Appeal: I do not think that the ban was justifiable based on my actions in-game. I do not aim at people's heads in a gamey sense of desire to "take them out of the round;" I aimed at their heads, in that shoot-out, because it is the cleanest and most efficient method of ending another fighter who just seconds before was shooting you, killing you, or trying - and later succeeding - with their own gun. The whole approach of this adminhelp felt like a resentful dig at me, as well, as the roleplay was still unfolding and the situation was still aspiring to certain lengths and it only served to impute me as a roleplayer and didn't let me continue associating and socializing with the rest of the people in the round.

The fight went this way, and anyone is welcome to refute it if they have proof: We were in the XO's office, doing the usual trading of bullets and laser shots. One of our Mercenaries refused the orders of the Ensign to back up, and they were forced to retreat left down the hallway above Bridge. The Ensign followed, and my character backed him up as his protection. As we rushed out into the hallway, and began heading to the left, the officers harassed us and followed us even after we retreated.

This presented my Elyran RIIS agent an impossible situation: if we kept running, they were faster than us, and would push us and eventually kill us through atrition. So instead he pushed security back, abusing his assault rifle's spray, and chased them into a corner and killed them in a moment of weakness as they perished to the wounds inflicted by my character's 7.62's.

The officers harassed our unit perfectly, and forced that kind of response. The only reason my character chose to burst those around him quickly and cleanly was with a desire to bring finality to the engagement and quickly hurry back to their Ensign, who was injured and retreating to the ship. It was a moment of desperation, of gritty violence, and one that unfolded as such. It's really offending and unfair that you just assume the kind of player that I am, and presume why I do the things that I do when I've always done my best to stick to roleplay and act only reasonably, as a character would. 

You also boinked me for the same reason in the past for attacking the same player, one of the officers, Azhara in their Antagonist character, as a Unathi officer myself when they ambushed me at an elevator. And even then, you agreed with my reasoning and left it be. So what else do you have that implies I have a propensity for beheading people? The whole thing feels incredibly disingenous and, to even some degree, ripe with bias and, at best, favoritism.

Was I belligerent in the adminhelp? To some degree: I thought it was very mean and unprofessional that you'd barrage me with messages when you knew for a fact that my character was in the middle of roleplay and acting out the round as it was. It was so shocking to me that I even asked if you were one of the security officers my character fought against, because your messages came so suddenly and felt spiteful. 

But I invite you to go through our conversation and find a single time where I disrespected you, called you anything, or acted entirely in an immature way in any way. I was polite with you through our exchanges, and only disagreed. You straight up called me a liar, when I lied about nothing. Yes, the security officers were retreating after I charged them, but that was only a counter-attack: moments before they were charging us. They were retreating because they were losing, and then they did. They had a shoot-out with Antagonists: often times security wins. This rare, particular time, they didn't. Security almost always kill the antagonists, this time the antagonists killed security. It was just chance: I could've lost, but I didn't. Shooting them in the chest 17 times, to shooting them in the head 1 time, would've netted the same result of killing them: I chose the latter, because I had very little ammo.

If there's a strict rule that says antagonists cannot kill security officers who have succumbed to their injuries in the middle of an active firefight, then crucify me. Throw me out on the boat, I'm done, I fucked up. I'll take the ban. But, as far as in-character perspective goes, my character went up to three officers actively gunning him down, and killed them in the swiftest way possible to get back to their Ensign as quickly as was possible. It was brutal, it was gruesome, and I happen to think it was good roleplay if you don't mind your character being the one that dies from time to time. Mine does, almost all the time, but it happens.

My character died about five minutes after, because his lungs had been shot. I was also taken out of the round, for what is worth.

I'll apologize ahead of time for any hint of aggressiveness in my text here, this is fresh from out of the round and the griping feeling of upsetness from receiving admin notifications while in the middle of an intense situation is still souring my existence. But, that's it, I hope I'm given some consideration.

image.png

I'll add here, as a second post, that in that same round the same behavior was visited upon the antagonists by Security not too long after the last stand, where the Antagonists lose. As often is: we're tools for the crew to derive their story, they're intended to lose.

image.thumb.png.cd8dc86ebee825afd4298172df62da46.png

Here, D'jar Sa'Kuate did the same to a fallen Elyran soldier. Shot them three times in the head while they were on the ground, in the middle of a shoot-out. The Elyran was out. They weren't a threat anymore, active. Do I think they are wrong for doing this? Fuck no: he was finishing the job, and then moved on to acquire another target. Summarizing doing that as him just, "Being gamey and decap-prone" is an incredible injustice. Are you going to ban him from playing security? The situation let him to shooting that hostile who was still on the ground in the head, and ending the fight to the best of his abilities.

My character did the same. Active shoot-out, both sides incredibly wounded and worn-out, walked up to them, and Tarantino-fired down on their most delicate places as a fitting coup de grâce. Please believe that any other kind of interpretation towards my actions is an injustice towards my perceived character and not just the sort of guy that I am: I am here for the story, that is why I've stayed on Aurora and lived for Aurora on my SS13 existence to this day. 

Edited by Cirukcaller
16 minutes ago, WickedCybs said:

@Cirukcaller if this is supposed to just be an appeal, It's denied and you should wait a few months before making another. If this is supposed to be a complaint, please follow the format on this post and I will move it to the staff complaint forum.

I've turned it into a staff complaint, you can lock/remove/archive this as you guys see fit. Apologies for posting too soon, I didn't know not to do so while the round hadn't yet closed up, but still. No excuse.