Ryfer's mod application.

Basic Information

Byond Account:

Ryfer.

Character Name(s):

Acel Delrico, Lane Davis, Vladimir Baryshnikov, Laurent Beaumont.

AI Name(s):

N/A

Preferred means of contact:

Skype, steam, forum pm.

Timezone:

Central.

When are you on Aurora?:

On weekdays I'll be around at around at 4PM through around 2-3AM. Weekends, I'll most likely be on until 6AM or later.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?:

Around two years.

How long have you played on Aurora:

Five months-ish.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

I know a very good deal of the mechanics in just about every department, barring just a few things in science. (Mainly genetics and toxins work.)

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:

A small amount on trinity station, though the amount of players was around five usually. All in all, probably much different than what Aurora will be.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:

I never have been.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:

I play ss13 because it gives a feel unlike any other games I've found, with a wonderful mix of game-play and role-play. It's something interesting that I have honestly been unable to find anywhere else, at least done as well as it is here. It offers so much to do, so many different situations, and of course just the ability to role-play as a futuristic space-engineer...which is pretty damn neat on it's own.

Why do you play on Aurora?:

I came to Aurora because I wanted to find a server that had order and heavy rp, and I found it. The staff appeared to keep everything well under control, most of the people were just calm and laid back. Coming from a medium rp server at the time, this was something very new and nice to me. For that reason, I stuck around, and found that I really enjoyed the whole idea of heavy rp. Staying so deep in character is a wonderful time and keeps me interested, especially with how well most people on aurora role-play.

What do moderators do?:

Moderators to me, essentially watch over the players to keep control of any situations that may arise or help with mechanic-related questions if within their knowledge. They should also set an example for players, as they would be held to a higher standard. I also believe they generally make life a bit easier for the admins, which is a reason I'm interested.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

I see being a moderator for Aurora as more or less similar to any other server, with watching over the community whilst being a part of it. That being said, Aurora is a heavy rp server, so it would include making sure proper roleplay is maintained, which may be less focused on with others.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

I'd like to become a bit more of a part of the community, and I feel this is certainly a good way to do that. Not only this, but I've noticed there has been a demand for people in deadhour, which I'm on during partially, and would like to help ease up the load during that time.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

I have a general ability to remain level-headed in most situations, and like to work things out with simply talking them over with people. I enjoy teaching people how to do things and generally helping them out, and would happily jump at the chance to do so most of the time.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:

As I said before, I'm generally calm and don't become angered easily. If stress ever does get to me, I try to carry out and see the end of a situation without letting it effect anything, and then step away from it. It takes a lot for me to become stressed, usually. Insults will almost never effect me, considering that none would mean much to me whatsoever.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

J'aime baguette

In complete seriousness, being a personal friend of Ryfer, and having known him for a long time; I think he's a good fit for the role. He's friendly, very calm, and is a fast learner. He's well liked among the community of every server we visit, and he knows his stuff about the game. Only thing that could use improvement is his lack of any kind of attention span. Kisskiss. Scrub.
I'll need to keep an eye out for you on the server.

If you play Security, can you explain to me your usual method for dealing with a case involving a criminal?

I didn't expect this sort of question here, but I will answer to the best of my ability.

Unfortunately, Security is my least played department on Aurora so it's a bit difficult to go into a method. When I do play, I usually end up talking to the person and telling them their charges, which leads them to walk along to security willingly most of the time, or with a minimal amount of force. I've never quite gotten the chance to deal with larger criminals, so I don't have specific methods for that whatsoever. Once getting them in security, I get them through processing and then hand them off to the warden for the actual jailing.

• 1 month later...