Add back the Anomalist alt-title for the Xenoarcheologist job

Captain Gecko

What the title says.

When Xenoarcheologist was still an alt-title for the scientist, we also had an Anomalist option. Though most people assumed they were mechanically the same, and could have the same set of skills, expectations were different. Xenoarchs were more prone to head out and dig, while Anomalists were better at studying the finds themselves. Xenoarchs handled artifacts and other proper archeological finds better while Anomalists were more specialized in dealing with, you guessed it, Anomalies. With Xenoarcheologist turning into its proper job role, the anomlist alt-title was lost, alas.

I'm not the only one wanting that, I've seen a couple of other players expressing frustration at not being able to be an Anomalist and having people expecting them to head out and dig when it was definitely not what they liked doing, or even really mastered.

Edited by Captain Gecko

Entirely against this. This would be like splitting up doing the supermatter engine and doing station repairs into different titles. It's such a small job with such a small selection of duties that these would be infuriating; I despised having anomalists take everything off my hand when I was done digging, and there's only two slots. Two anomalists who are only willing to do half the job sitting there would be an awful time, just like it was when machinists had titles that would only do half the job.

If you're not willing to head out and dig, I don't know what to say; those anomalies have to get to you somehow.

• Gem locked this topic