Staff complaint - Cael, Lucaken, Alb

BYOND Key: Greenjoe
Staff BYOND Key: Cael, Lucaken, Alb (unsure of ckeys)
Game ID: one before cms-daF5 (event round)
Reason for complaint: First I want to say this isn't an attack on anyone here, so sorry in advance, just that I disagree with the ruling that no deaths will be retconned from the event. A single ha'rron attacked my character near the start of the event, and it's extremely fast dodging side to side, combined with severe lag due to the number of players on the server, caused it to be extremely difficulty to get shots in on it. This resulted in it managing to down my character, and injured her to the point that she died upon being taken to the medical hut.
I feel like a death like this hardly adds to the story, and didn't meaningfully add to the roleplay. 
Now, I'm not asking for my character to get off scott-free, no, I'm fine to have her sustain severe injuries, more then likely moving her out of security due to them. These changes could bring some great RP opportunities, with my character's life changed and having to take a different career path.
Evidence/logs/etc:
Additional remarks:

Edited by greenjoe

Alright, edits made. As for what happened more or less:

Guns had been handed out to a few people (including my character) by the new kingdom officer

some talking and exploring around had happened

someone on the radio called for people to come over and join them

I headed towards their GPS signal, through a cave

I got lightly wounded by one ha'rron, but managed to shoot it and get the wounds tended to.

Further in the cave, there was a second ha'rron that managed to down my character and severely wound her (due to facts stated in the first post), a person nearby was able to kill it and kept doing CPR on my character/used emergency injectors until someone else arrived to move her to the medical hut.

My character was taken to the medical hut on a roller bed, and died shortly after arriving there.

Just to make sure I got the details right: 
Char Name: "Rrhuyala Rrhakaslav'Karimi"
Game ID: cms-cpQV

Canon character deaths are usually only retconned if the character died due to circumstances out of the player's control. (i.e. was not aware of the danger and could not reasonably avoid it.)

To my knowledge it has been relatively well established that Adhomai isn't too safe in the wilderness.

The way it looks to me is that you ran into a hostile mob, got injured and decided to head further towards danger (into the caves; instead of returning to safety).
Imho that does not qualify for "circumstances out of player control".

With that said, I still have to check the logs / some other details.

As stated above, retcons are granted if the player died due to circumstances out of their control (and they could not reasonably expect to encounter those circumstances).

The following points have influenced me to uphold the previous decision and not grant a retcon:

• It is relatively well established that Adhomai is not exactly "safe".
    • This is further reinforced by the fact that you were handed weapons and that an archeologist went missing in the area.
    • Given that there were quite a few ha'rron in the cave, I believe it likely that you came across dead ha'rron killed by another group at some point during your exploration.
  • I was unable to establish how you prepared yourself/your party to explore an area where a person went missing.
    • (I have attempted to contact you via discord, but you have not replied)
    • The outcome suggests that the preparation (in terms of group size/makeup and equipment) was insufficient.
    • In a video I acquired of another group (around 5 characters), that group was easily able to dispatch a number of Ha'rron they ran into (without using ranged weapons).
  • After the first attack your character said: "She needs some medical trrreatment." and "That Ha';arrrrrron bit her a bit."
    • You decided to proceed further into the cave after these statements and encountered the second Ha'rron ~2min after these statements.
  • The presence of lag during rounds with high player count is well established and to be expected.
    • From what I could see in the video, there was a lag spike around 30s before the second ha'rron attack.
    • But I do not believe lag is an overriding factor in this case, as even with lag, a reasonably prepared group is able to easily defeat a Ha'rron.

No response has been posted until now, therefore I am closing and archiving this complaint.

As you were unable to demonstrate that the circumstances of your characters death were fundamentally out of your control or that the death could not be reasonably expected, the previous ruling about not granting a retcon is being upheld.