"Inicializing Investigator unit... UNIT REEBOOT COMPLETE." - HonkVikings Synthetic Whitelist

Byond CKey: HonkViking
Character Name: Boris Novinky, Akhtar Alekseev, Gabriel Almeidas.
Have you read our lore section's on this species: Yes

Please provide and articulate answer to the questions below in a one paragraph form.

Why do you wish to play this specific race?
Well dabling in both human and the tajara species, I HonkViking, while In-Game, met a little known Baseline Head of Security IPC by the name of Kada, and he told me all about his days before security and little bit of IPC lore while completly in-character, this shot up my interests, i like robots in my Sci-Fi, they are cool, one of my favorite characters of all media, Commander Data, would be considered a IPC in aurora, plus again, androids and cyborgs and robots and such are just really, really cool, and i suddenly felt a need to play them, simple as.

Identify what makes playing this species any different from humans.
There are many ways to clarify this, IPCs are stronger,mathematicly smarter,faster and over all fisicly superior then most organics, but that is not what makes it different for me, for me what makes it more different from humans is the otherwise missing RP potential of a character that is in many ways coming to terms with what "sentience" is, IPCs don't start out sentient, in their first years they are stronger and definetly way more advanced machines, but gradually gain a higher level of sentience and existing, suddenly their programing changes, they slowly start feeling emotions, tho they may not recognize it at first AS emotion, they are gaining it, they start wanting to do more then what their programming wants them to do. And many IPCs recontextualize and interprit this in different ways, maybe they are suffering a wierd glitch, maybe they this is just the natural process of their "species" or maybe this just proved to them that the a soul can exist within a machine, tho my character is older (as most of my character are) and much more advanced in the process of gaining sentience, this still does not invalidate what i believe to be the quintesential thin in IPCs existence.

Character Name: H1T-0H1. AKA Hitoshi
Please provide a small backstory for this character.

Hitoshi was first manufactured as a Shell-construct IPC in 2450, in Konyang. Hitoshi was made to build a somewhat nieche need at the time for Konyang, his procraming involved knoledge in criminal psychology, aprehension, investigation and forensics knoledge, not only that, due to being made as a detective unit and a shell he was also given progrems to assist in social ocassions for witnesses and suspect interviewing, this and the given duty of being a detective working for the soon-to-be National Police, made them naturally inquisitive and at times truthfull to a falt, a small-deliberate piece of personality suposed to help aind in investigation, would eventually evolve into an actuall personality, along with him being made fre from the start in the following eight years.

In his earlier years, he worked for a small peacekeeping company in a relatively small comunity in Ganzaodong from 2451 to 59. In this scenario he learned a couple of new things to his learning algorithm. One, that the possibility for organics and synthetics to get along when he met another inspector, soon to be partner and life long friend, a brash and energetic young Konyang native girl called Miko Hyu-Sung. Two, even with the first algorithm in mind and even in a place like Konyang IPC prejudice was still present, specialy in place like Ganzaodong with a much large Solarian population of all things, not only that his co-workers would also underestimate him and punchdown on ceirtain momments.

And by 2462, once the National Police Force was fully formed and him and his partner passed trough into the rank of Inspector but the mocking and slandering of his co-workers continued on, having very minor cases given to him and forced into a mostly stationary deskjob, forced to do paperwork for the better half of a year, but even then Miko was always along his side, helping with paperwork  and in ocassion bringing them along on high level cases, and third lesson was captated by his sensors and this one, writting itself deep within his memory cores. Third. you're partner always has your back. Trust your partner. a bound was formed in the better half of a year, from there him and Miko we're inseperable partners in the law. And then, the biggest case their small prescinct would get appeared, a goverment official in Ganzaodong was caught by Hitoshi and Miko to be taking bribes and assisting the activities of the 5-Cheung, with a investigation that took weeks to complete, with close calls with 5-Cheung thugs, Conspiracy and a hole lot of black mail, menaged to expose the official to the goverment and inprision him.

This event skyrocketed Hitoshi and Miko's career, with support from both the IPC and organic public, his cases changed from stolen bikes to active crackdowns on drug dens and gang hideouts and homicide investigations, finnaly he could put his skills to work, by early 2464 he and Miko ascended to the rank of Chief Inspector of their station, soon after that, something happend to Hitoshi however, his programming was changing, wanted to seek more then just his work even though he had grown to be quite found if it, by the middle of 64 he officialy retired to small but cozy middle-class apartment in Ganzao, and atempted to take on painting and music, with him and Miko, even with her living on the other side of the prefecture and continuing her job as Inspector, they continued close with regular visits and talks over long-distance comms.

In 2465, days after a party to congratulate Miko's promotion to Inspectorate General, a wierd handwritten leader ended up on Hitoshi's doorstep, it was signed with the sibmle of the 5-Cheung, and it told him to head for his partners house, expecting a trap Hitoshi took his trench-coat and old service piston along, and avoided the main roads. Upon arriving to Miko's doorstep he found the place trashed, locks broken, closets knocked over, clothes all over the floor, broken windows. A fight had clearly occured, upon investigating further, he found another message, this time warning the detective of the situation his partner was in, and her location. in any other situation, Hitoshi would not attempt this, he was retired, and this could be potentialy dangerous, but something strange happend in his circutry and code that momment, he tought, and kept on thinking for a while until he came into a new logical conclusion, With his retirement and Miko's kidnapping, it would mean the station would be without a Inspectorate General, and that could potentially harm the staton and the prefecture greatly, so, with this new logic, he dawned his old equipment and sought employement off planet, in a journey to seek his old partner.

What do you like about this character
As a (self admited) fan of blade runner and having spent 10 hours into Shadows of Doubt, the concept of a Android Detective is something ive always liked, the secound thing is that i'm exited to play a character that is socialy inaware from being a fairly young IPC, but not a complete robot eaither also because of his age, attempting to seek the most logical options always and being on the mission of also having their own personal mistery is fun seems like a fun thing for a Investigator, I also find it interesting to play a character that may encounter some more conflict due to the spurs not-so-cool treatment of IPCs, haven't really have any of my past characters experience that soo it may be fun, also due to the naturally logical nature of IPC thinking and their number-one priority of self preservation will be definetly fun to explore, since as IPCs grow older they may start taking different interpretation on "self-preservation" to being just the phisical body of a shell to the preservation of their convictions,faith or freedom, will be a good source for internal conflict and drama wich i always love

How would you rate you're roleplaying skills.
average to good. ive had plenty of training in this server and this is now my SECOUND character whitelist, first one being taj, so i am exited to play this character

Thank you for reading.
And i apologize for any inconviniecne.
  -HonkViking

Notes:
image.png.00450acf02f28477f781afa50d68c6aa.png
A small reference for what Damian may look like

Edited by HONKviking
changed the name to something more Konyang apropriate

Hi, thanks for applying! Just some questions for the app,

Identify what makes playing this species any different from humans.

Could you expand on this section, in particular, the treatment of IPCs across the Spur, what separates an IPC's thinking from a human's, and what the self-preservation protocol is?

Additionally, as Damian spent most of his life on Konyang, how will he fare in the Spur where IPC discrimination is much more common?

Edited by The Stryker
Changed a question.
4 hours ago, The Stryker said:

Hi, thanks for applying! Just some questions for the app,

Could you expand on this section, in particular, the treatment of IPCs across the Spur, what separates an IPC's thinking from a human's, and what the self-preservation protocol is?

Additionally, as Damian spent most of his life on Konyang, how will he fare in the Spur where IPC discrimination is much more common?

yeah i can do that, hang on.

tis edited

Edited by HONKviking
tis edited
4 hours ago, The Stryker said:

Is there any reason Damian's name is Damian? Given that Konyang is a planet made up primarily of East Asian colonists, characters from Konyang are expected to have names and appearances consistent with that of East Asians.

Its a fun little play on words i decided to do with a serial number, so DAM-14N turns into Damian, tho the name can be changed if lore demands it