Schedule for custom events

Hackie

We never had a Schedule for custom events, or not one that would be defined as a schedule. They were made when the admins felt like they wanted to.

Now it's a case of how many staff are online to watch over and help with the event, and when people are willing to host one, and if people accept a vote for one.

Most of the recent events have started around 3-5AM-GMT, when the servers calmed down from all the different gamemodes.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

There's the informal agreement I worked out with Skull that we would try to have an event of any size at least once a week.

Once the major wiki work is completed the lore team will also shift to being event focused, creating and managing them.

I mean; I just do situational events.

Murderers on station, derelict survival, syndicate hunter aboard the station, etc.

I can start thinking of lore-based ideas, and run them through Jackboot for the next time I'm able to host an event.

I mean; I just do situational events.

Murderers on station, derelict survival, syndicate hunter aboard the station, etc.

Only one of of those three is anything but "extended with antags".

An event should be more than "here is somebody trying to kill you, fight them".

Events focused on exploration or teamwork would be nice.

I think one problem mentioned is that a lot of events are spontaneous.

If somebody from the admin team were willing to partner with me (to give me flags and such), I'd love to host prescheduled events from time to time, a bit like we announced our future rounds in advance.

Maybe we could have a read-only "master thread" for events, that gets updated whenever upcoming events are announced, sorta like the server status thread?

blame people not setting up a custom OOC info texts

Something any event host can tell you is 'Scopes will bug you until you put one up' Provided I didn't miss it myself :/