[Accepted] "God that's a Bright Yellow" - Tzui5020's Vaucrea Application

BYOND Ckey: tzui5020

Discord username: tzui5020

Character names: Samuel Hound, Hans Jaeger, Sebastian Richter, Z.I seeker, Liu-su.

Species you are applying to play: 

------------------------------

General Whitelist Requirements 

What colour do you plan on making your first alien character?:  (RGB 130, 150, 20) (Vedhra's Vaucrea)

Have you read the lore pages for the species you wish to be whitelisted for?:  Yes (I wonder why this question is here sometimes)

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this species?: 

Well, It all started when I Stumbled upon the Kata Off-ship and saw you could play a K'laxan but you needed the WL so I started reading a bit and kept on Reading and what Fascinated me the Most was the War in Heaven Arc where Tupii and Zakaii are having an Unfathomable battle inside of Virutal Reality shrouded in mystery I can't imagine How warfare would work there but its Really intresting and I want to know where it goes. I read up a bit more on their History and the Lii'dra and Saw the Incredible Yellow of Vedhra and the Great Hive war reminds me a bit of WW1 and that after that Sedantis was De-stabilised up until they had to go with the Exodus because sedantis was going to get absorbed into the sun in 300 Years so in short The History really Hooked me. Now we get to the Vaucrae Themselves in-game people don't think about them much and treat them like well bugs I heard about the Great Hive war but didn't really think about it now that I've read it I understand the Hierarchy the Casts and How VR training affects them and how they think about the Hive more then about their personal needs. From the Broods I didn't pick Vedhra only for the Holy Yellow , I like the Lii'dra Paranoia and how Vedhra's Za's get trained to fight them and that its a Reasonable fear to have due to the Losses they caused in the Great Hive war.

What makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a human?: 

Setting the Mechanical Diffrences aside , Their way of thinking is diffrent due to them being Trained and focused to one Task whatever it may be. They also think more communaly then humans while Humans would care for themselves , making a Family , Finding friends and so on but the Vaucrae thinks about the Needs of their hive and Brood before anything. The fact that they have VR technology and how it is usually a Very nice and happy place and that it can be used to train and that when they die they get transferd into that Realm makes their relationship with Death more light. They also Eat K'ois which causes issues for other people which could cause discrimination, For Example the Cursed asteroids or in Flagsdale where they are Protesting to have the remaining phoron distributes to vaucrae.

------------------------------

Character Application

Character Name: Za'akaix'Pwe'K'lax

Write a backstory for your character. This may include their origin, education, personality and how they arrived to the SCCV Horizon. 

Za'akaix'Pwe'K'lax from the Vedhra brood has been trained to fight Lii'dra  in the Retek or Diffrent Trials which has grown to be his Favorite activity due to the sheer hatred he harbinges for Lii'dra and him always playing making new strategies Improvising and passively Improving his combat and his Hatred for Lii'dra growing with every trial and war game when Pwe was out of VR and doing his standard duties he awaited the day he'd face down the Lii'dra menace. His Improvisation Improved that in his Mind a Weapon to kill a Lii'dra could be a rock or an Energy glaive it didn't matter to him aslong as it killed the One that killed so many of his Hive before. Za'akaix'Pwe'K'lax would Jump to any Mention of Lii'dra presence without hesitation, even tho he hates the Lii'dra without compromise he tries but fails to keep a Cool head even when Confronted in VR but that doesn't mean he turns Reckless, Pwe ups his Brutality and Ruthlessness believing that Lii'dra are the Enemy of all Lifeforms he doesn't give them mercy for him they don't have a right to live. Pwe Believes the Lii'dra took his fellow Vaucrae Lives due to them being pure evil.

Due to the lack of Resources of his Brood Pwe's Ta send him to the Vek'tak phalanx to send money back to the Hive. This is where he learned about other Cultures learned how to use their weapons in person and saw how they fought and tried to replicate it not always to Success but Pwe is always trying to get better through learning from other species and trying to spread his message of Hating the Lii'dra tho that is rather hard due to his Voice Synthesizer being rather cheap. He was assigned to the SCCV Horizon and due to the Multi-cultural nature of the workplace he hopes to find out more and due to the expeditionary nature of the Horizon to maybe find the Lii'dra threat and destory it once and for all.

How has the recent events of the Orion Spur impacted your character? Events such as the Phoron Scarcity, the Solarian Collapse or even the Invasions of Biesel for interstellar-wide affairs, while region-specific events such as the Peacekeeper Mandate, The Titan Rises or even Cold Dawn may impact your character.  

The event that mostly affects Za'akaix'Pwe'K'lax is the War in Heaven arc. Za'akaix'Pwe'K'lax doesn't Really understand why they are fighting eachother and wasting away their Warforms and warriors against eachother instead of focusing on the True enemy the Lii'dra as they could attack any day at any Moment without warning and if they do and Vaukind doesn't have the manpower due to the ongoing succession war it might mean the end of all Free Lifeforms.

How does your character view the megacorporation they work for?

Pwe likes the Dislike of the Vaucrae that Every member of the Vek'tak shares against the Lii'dra and is curios about the "adventures"  and opportunity the Vek'tak phalanx brings.
Notes:

Edited by Desven
Fixing Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, Thanky for pointing it out Dessy :>

Tzui is a fantastic roleplayer and always brings the setting to life with new, interesting characters. Niche applications like this don't do his ability to write justice. I have no doubt he'll be able to play a Vaurca well, especially after all the time I've seen him as Sebastian/Liu-su.

P.S. I'd correct some of the spelling, since I know lore devs might mention that. Vedhra instead of Vedrah, Vaurca(e) instead of Vaurcrea, etc etc. it's a minor thing. Big fan of the Vedhra brood btw, stay winning anti-Lii'dra chads.

+1

• Like 1

This application is accepted. Just remember as Dessy said: the Queen's name is Vedhra and the species name is Vaurca. I also made the mistake of calling them "Vaurca" at one point, but just try to remember that it's Vaurca, with the two vowels together.

Also, both "Akaix" and "Viax" need to be capitalized in names. Additionally, the Hive's name functions more like a surname and it needs a space. This means that your character would be Za'Akaix'Pwe K'lax. Please remember this when creating your character; it's mandatory when making a Vaurca character on station. Good luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Desven changed the title to [Accepted] "God that's a Bright Yellow" - Tzui5020's Vaucrea Application
  • Desven locked this topic