September 24th: The Jason Incident

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

During a standard extended round, my detective Muhammad Hamil stumbled upon a questionable incident: The Head of Security and several officers hidden in a small room above the fitness room, beating a prisoner. This unlocked a conspiracy that ended up engulfing the entire station, and made the newscaster look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/ydMitYC.png

(Apologies for the poor screenshots, I decided to get all this stuff for posterity only after the shuttle was called.)

It all started when Muhammad took a photo of the scene, with all those involved inside, and the quivering Jason locked in there with them. The HoS and Izemut kicked him out of the area, and he came back later to this:

http://i.imgur.com/llD4jE3.png

A bloody wrench, and Jason on the floor with Phoebe Essel eventually dragging him out. Questions were asked, but Milo Hatchert clamped down hard and shut the investigation down.

The HoP was unresponsive to the detective's PDA messages, but the growing folder of evidence was leading to one conclusion: The HoS was torturing a man with Izemut and Jakob.

http://i.imgur.com/RLHuQiE.png

Realizing that trying to go through official channels would be dangerous - or useless, Muhammad compiled all his evidence and blew the whistle via the newscasters.

http://i.imgur.com/yARQB9Y.png

Initial crew reaction was one of shock, repulsion, or disbelief, with the odd amount of support for the act tossed in. In the end, the detective ended up on the run as the HoS and Central Command put a warrant out for his arrest concerning the non-mandated news story. The detective ended up hiding at the supermatter test site with secret assistance from engineering, and his only weapons to push his goal of getting the three torturers arrested was the evidence in the newscaster, on his person, and distributed amongst his allies. But things were pretty grim for awhile; the HoP had received the folder with all the intitial evidence, and went to confront the HoS. I didn't see what happened in that meeting, but from then on the HoP refused to try and stop them, telling the detective that he would be "on the same boat you are."

Eventually Ana arrived as a security officer, and - being Ana - eventually became the whirlwind of justice that Aurora deserves, and really needed right then. Izemut, Milo, and Vincent were all demoted and brigged while Muhammad was brigged (as was required by the law) but got to keep his suit on in the cell and got to keep his job until the shuttle call. That was still a scary time, since I had no IC way to tell if Ana was lying to lure out Muhammad, and she was still saying she had to arrest him, but once it was verified by the HoP himself with the question:

"What was the colour of the folder I gave you, and your response to my question?"

And the answer:

"Red, and I said I'd be on the same boat you were."

All suspicions were casted away and he returned to the station for processing by Ana, turning in his gun and security belt until he was released.

"You look good in grey, Milo." was my favourite line of the round. (My own, but I can play favourites.)

There were questions of keeping this canon, and to that I wouldn't mind. Getting jobs back after mandatory retraining or what-have-you, and other IC consequences outside of NT would be fun to put in for future rounds where these people interact with one another. If anything, there's going to be some travel bans to the Republic of Elyra if this is canon.

Who else was involved in this round? What was it like from your perspective? Did you have fun?

Greenspider here. I just wanted to say I really loved that round. I was Ryker Azoth. There was an incident before the detective returned that was just amazingly played out and had great RP that I'd like to share. Mia Rhinehart ( I think that's the last name) requested that Ryker bring an emitter to her and the detective. He placed a newscast for Muhammad and rushed to grab the emitter. Mia bolted the air lock so as Ryker began hacking it,Oliver Stefan stepped into the room. After some great arguing about Morales and laws, Ryker convinced him to stay quiet about it, then as we went to step on the shuttle, Mia called it back, not knowing he was almost inside. He had no suit, and after amazingly reopening the air locki to get back inside, Mia returned and he was hit with the shuttle. I had died and ghosted, Stefans RP reaction was played perfectly, he displayed so much emotion in that scene, Mia was horrified and I could not help but enjoy my death that round. I made that event canon for my character.

I was Analiese. It was a pretty damn cool round.

What had happened before, was, Analiese was trying to break off from Jason (For cheating on her MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE TIMES) and whilst trying to leave the room, he grabbed her (Passively) and yanked her back from the door (Which was pretty aggressive), and then proceeded to yell at her for trying to leave him, while Izemut, Vincent and Jakob all watched in awe before running in, pulling Jason off of her, and then arresting him. Stuff apparently got intense, and Jakob followed Jason into maintenance where three others were waiting. All I remember was Jason PDA'ing Analiese a hundred times that he was being tortured, and she didn't love him enough anymore to do anything about it.

What had happened before, was, Analiese was trying to break off from Jason (For cheating on her MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE TIMES) and whilst trying to leave the room, he grabbed her (Passively) and yanked her back from the door (Which was pretty aggressive), and then proceeded to yell at her for trying to leave him, while Izemut, Vincent and Jakob all watched in awe before running in, pulling Jason off of her, and then arresting him. Stuff apparently got intense, and Jakob followed Jason into maintenance where three others were waiting. All I remember was Jason PDA'ing Analiese a hundred times that he was being tortured, and she didn't love him enough anymore to do anything about it.

I remembered it very differently, actually. Jason and Analiese were talking in a side room (WHERE EVERYONE KEPT STOPPING TO WATCH THEM) and Analiese brought up that she didn't want to be with Jason for cheating on her multiple times, when the only time Jason had ever cheated on her was kissing a woman when he was in severe emotional distress because his fiancee was dead, and Analiese had just spent a shift admiring her ex-boyfriend. Analiese began to leave and Jason grabbed her and pulled her away from the door, and before he was able to do anything, Izemut, Vincent, and Jakob showed up and arrested him. After Jason had fought to get his PDA back, he messaged her a few times apologizing for what was a completely inappropriate action. After being let free, and being told that more or less he wasn't going to be allowed to do his job, he was wandering the halls, when Jakob appeared and got him into a room, where Vincent, Izemut, and Jakob all beat him with various weaponry, and Milo watched.

I remembered it very differently, actually. Jason and Analiese were talking in a side room (WHERE EVERYONE KEPT STOPPING TO WATCH THEM) and Analiese brought up that she didn't want to be with Jason for cheating on her multiple times, when the only time Jason had ever cheated on her was kissing a woman when he was in severe emotional distress because his fiancee was dead, and Analiese had just spent a shift admiring her ex-boyfriend. Analiese began to leave and Jason grabbed her and pulled her away from the door, and before he was able to do anything, Izemut, Vincent, and Jakob showed up and arrested him. After Jason had fought to get his PDA back, he messaged her a few times apologizing for what was a completely inappropriate action. After being let free, and being told that more or less he wasn't going to be allowed to do his job, he was wandering the halls, when Jakob appeared and got him into a room, where Vincent, Izemut, and Jakob all beat him with various weaponry, and Milo watched.

DRAMA