Hycinth's Tajara application

BYOND Key:

Hycinth

Character Names:

Jillian Fleming, Kaelyn Hawker, Lizbeth Meyers.

How long have you been playing on Aurora:

Three whole days.

Species you are applying to play:

Tajara

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Ivory (RGB 205, 205, 192)

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:

Yep.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I really appreciate the lore behind the Tajara, especially with some of the changes specific to Aurora. I appreciate the loyalty aspects, as well as the story behind the overthrow of the nobility on Adhomai. The story of their "uplifting" for lack of a better term, by the influx of teachers and outside influences brought by the human alliance allows for me to have a reason to play a bit of a more optimistic character, looking forwards to a better future by doing her job well, even if you know, I'm going to be investigating crimes. The interplay between the clans is also of interest to me, and I feel that that could result in more interesting roleplay than just "We're all humans wooo."

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

The belief systems tend to be different, focusing more on loyalty with your kin and comrades, as well as the obvious differences, such as the use of the third person when referring to oneself, the rolling of the Rs, and the usage of far more body language in speech than with humans. The usage of first person and the more intimate relationships also provides for some interesting roleplay.

Character Name:Ja'rasha Toviktanni

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Born only five years after the end of the uprisings on Adhomai, Ja'rasha saw the destruction that could rise up from such violent conflicts, but also the hope that arose from the assistance of the Alliance and the megacorporations as they brought in teachers, facilities, and infrastructure. She received a good education from these sources, striving to learn from these new sources, and ended up seeking employment with the enforcement agencies of her hometown.

Seven years later, she seized on an offer to leave the planet, seeking new horizons for herself, looking to "explore the universe" so to speak. She's bounced from station to station since then, continuing her career in forensic science, seeking to make the universe a (slightly) safer place in the only way she knows how. Hunting down the clues to find the criminals who dare sully her optimistic worldview.

What do you like about this character?

A loyal, non-robust character. While she theoretically could fight someone, it's not remotely in her nature to do so. She operates almost exclusively within her (rather narrow) field, and isn't afraid to speak her mind, though she prefers to observe.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

8/10. I could stand to have more experience with playing non-robust characters, and this is at least partially an exercise in that.

Notes: I know I'm new to the server, but I've been putting plenty of time into the server, and I feel that everyone who's roleplayed with me as of yet has had a good experience.

The Tajaran lore overhaul brought a lot of new and interesting dynamics I've had fun playing with. The concept of loyalty is an interesting one, because even though Tajara are highly loyal to their race as a whole (and even more to their families), they are still a marginalized species, and it gives you a lot of leeway for cool internal conflicts of "helping your race" versus "providing for yourself through serving promising though somewhat dubious megacorporations".

I wonder what would be the outlook of younger Tajaras on megacorporations such as NanoTrasen. Although humans are somewhat responsible for the race's "uplifting", Tajaras have also seen the destruction newer technologies can bring - and in a way, it's soooort of a little bit obvious that companies such as NT are mostly there to exploit Adhomai.

I'm mostly saying this because I thought it could be of interest to you. I've played (and met) a few "space-faring" Tajarans and it's always interesting to see the different outlooks people choose to adopt towards humans.

So far, I've observed you in the rounds and found you're actually /really/ good at RPing, and making sure you have multiple characters instead of reskins. I already think of you as a friend because of how fucking kind you are. I'm all in for this application, and can't wait to play w/ you more B)

I wonder what would be the outlook of younger Tajaras on megacorporations such as NanoTrasen. Although humans are somewhat responsible for the race's "uplifting", Tajaras have also seen the destruction newer technologies can bring - and in a way, it's soooort of a little bit obvious that companies such as NT are mostly there to exploit Adhomai.

I mean, the uprisings only succeeded because of the weaponry and support provided by the humans/Nanotrasen/megacorps, which can be seen as assisting/harming the Tajara as a whole. Helping, because the regime was overthrown and a republic created, but harming in that, well, it caused plenty of destruction by facilitating the uprising in the first place.

Ja'rasha realizes that Nanotrasen is exploiting Adhomai/the Taraja, but it's a "lesser of two evils" thing, and it gives her a chance to explore the galaxy. Besides, here it's not usually other Tajara she's gathering evidence against :P

Delta waves.

Howdy. Been watching you a bit like I usually watch my own departmental staff, looking for RP potential in new faces. To put it short and sweet, I've found more than enough from Jillian Fleming.

Though often I have reservations against the amount of Taj whitelists we get on a daily basis (I feel like maybe 3 people play the race right and everyone else just falls short of the expectations), it wouldn't be right to be against endorsing an application because we have 'too many cats.'

Endorsing this application.

Though often I have reservations against the amount of Taj whitelists we get on a daily basis (I feel like maybe 3 people play the race right and everyone else just falls short of the expectations), it wouldn't be right to be against endorsing an application because we have 'too many cats.'

Endorsing this application.

Ehehe. Don't worry, I'll still mostly be playing Fleming. Toviktanni's meant as the occasional change of pace :3