Sleepy's Head Application

BYOND key: Sleepy Wolf

Character names: Melody Davis, Wolfgang Freeman, Katie Stone, Daja Maheel

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: 1.5 years maybe /shrug/

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: To play as CE and gain more responsibilities, also allowing Command RP and paperwork RP.

Why did you come to Aurora?: who knows anymore, most likely accidental

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes, and I played it on other servers.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Having fun OOC'ly and sometimes taking sacrifices to let others have fun. Or that's what I do, since I get a ton of happiness out of watching other people be like 'THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING RP EVER". It's really fun

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Help do paperwork, solve in-department drama, and make sure the department is doing good. Also, it's usually best to give your department goals to complete, such as making a new room to the station or pimping up the Janitors room to an exact replica of the Captain quarters. ((im so glad I came up w/ that))

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: Whitelisted players are rolemodels, and help the newer community members learn the game. They have to know the rules, and understand that being whitelisted doesn't make them better than anyone else.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Katie Stone

Character age:30

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): Born on Earth, Kate lived in the Tajaran Refugee camps with her mother and father. As a teen in the Refugee camp, she had to take responsibility for the children and teach Basic to them. Around age 15, she became close friends with the daughter of a local Roboticist, and learned tools of the trade and most social skills from him. After leaving the camp with the daughter on a trade ship, she learned of the importance of credits. Credits are what run the galaxy, and everyone knew it. She knew she had to get her hands on some, just to keep alive. After watching the captain of the trade ship for a few weeks, she learned his routine and began to imitate it, trying her best to learn. After a few years of learning, exploring, and a bit of laughter, she finally came to Tau Ceti, and settled in the lower parts of Biesel. Having enough coin to her name, through legal means, she knew where to go. She headed straight for the nearest university, and talked her way in. Now, she's 30, all her experience is ready, basic training in all areas of Engineering on her belt, and she aims to be part of Command.

Chief Stone.

What do you like about this character?: My characters always start out blank, and I make their stories as I go. I write them down on this sheet of paper next to me so I always remember, and I love to have a sort of /building/ character. Everything just works that way, for me. It's never instant /SHES AN ORPHAN/ moment. It's /She seems down/ /She seems a bit lost/ /She responded to your question weirdly/ /SHES AN ORPHAN OH MY GOD/. If that makes sense good, if it doesn't I don't know a better way to explain it. ((shes not an orphan that was just an example of my sorta RP))

What do you dislike about this character?: They're hard to play, sometimes. It's going to take a while until I actually make them a Chief, so this is just for later, after she's got her experience in Atmospherics.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: Her knowledge of how to lead, not exactly her skills. She knows how to make people understand, and she has her whole crew for the job of helping others. She needs her friends to work with her, not for her.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I sacrifice myself a lot for the sake of others fun, so I typically like to rate myself high.

Extra notes: Give constructive feedback please B)

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

Application denied. If you wish to inquire on why, then please PM Dea Tacita and TishinaStalker on the forums. Do not be discouraged to apply again, but it would be best if you did so after asking us why because then we can help you learn from mistakes, and have an even better chance in your next try. Have a nice Summer!