Toomie's Command Application.

BYOND key: Toomie

Discord Username: toomie

Character names: Ivory Levi, Adam Valeas, Drifting Through A Void Of Endless Knowledge and Kim Tabata.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?

Its close to a year of active playing. I joined before that but was not very active.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

Not that I can remember. 

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?

There are multiple purposes of the head of staffs. They are a bridge that can connect other departments together in work, They make sure everyone knows what they need to work on and do in case of a large scale project like a hull breach for engineering, or a lot of wounded crew at the same time for medical. They are also there to make sure everyone is working safely and or not doing things that will risk the safety of them and the crew. 

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?

Command players should try to find a balance for the team they are working with that everyone can have something to do and have a fun time in their apartment. Making RP opportunities for others that would not be possible without the help of command, being the chance to work closer with a other department, more access, funds or resources that are normally not easily or at all obtainable. The way I see myself doing so is being the Bridge between departments and asking the team I have command over what they need to finish their research project, menu in the kitchen or setting up a team of crew from multiple departments to work together on a away mission.

Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon.

Derrick Hydra born on mars started out being a proud citizen of Sol, serving multiple years in the military. after leaving the military and pursuing different career, The Violet Dawn Explosion happened. The responds of the Sol Alliance on it and the Second Invasion of Biesel that happened right after it made Derrick lose faith in The Sol Alliance and wanted to get Citizenship to the Republic of Biesel being inspired by the response of the newly announced Stellar Corporate Conglomerate. After the two years of working in Biesel and gaining his Citizenship he worked to get a passion in the SCC feeling that this was a play he could be proud of working for.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
Research director, Corporate Liaison and Executive Officer

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Yes

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:
Ivory Levi for Research Director and Derrick Hydra as Executive officer.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Yes

Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums?
Yes

Extra notes:
Two things.
First thing: I have a 9-5 job and pop here is normally around the evening for me so I won't be able to play a ton, it would be limited to one to two rounds a day for the trail period. I hope that is not a problem.
And second: Even if this app would not be accepted I would like some more info on how being promoted to head of staff works for already existing characters. Who could I ask about those questions and how should I reach them. 

• Like 7

I've known Toomie for years, and I personally introduced him to SS13. Toomie shows the ability to learn aspects of the game fast. Over our years of playing, I've seen him play just about every department, grasping their responsibilities and mechanics. He's gotten a LOT better at communicating over the years playing the game, and I think giving him a trial here would be an excellent opportunity to add yet another great roleplayer to the Command line-up.

A definite +1.

I'll say it proud with my chest when I admit Toomie is one of the few players who helped introduce me to not only aurorastation but SS13 as a whole, and he's the reason I know as much about the game as I do now (although I'm still learning, as is). I think Toomie has what it takes to offer the (in my opinion, very important!) teaching and guidance aspect of a Head of Staff, and I'd love for him to be able to put all of that knowledge towards something like this. This one gets a +1

I interacted on many occasions with some of Toomies characters. Everyone of them has distinct features giving off very different characters and how they interact with you. All of them feature a very good set of RP and feature a lot of depth. I have also seen Ivory Levi as interim and they did very well - RP and command-wise.
Sadly i haven't had the chance to play with Derrick Hydra yet, but all other of Toomies characters are already enough to give a solid: +1

On 12/10/2024 at 01:10, FabianK3 said:

I interacted on many occasions with some of Toomies characters. Everyone of them has distinct features giving off very different characters and how they interact with you. All of them feature a very good set of RP and feature a lot of depth. I have also seen Ivory Levi as interim and they did very well - RP and command-wise.
Sadly i haven't had the chance to play with Derrick Hydra yet, but all other of Toomies characters are already enough to give a solid: +1

Having played a couple of rounds command and non-command with Hydra reinforces the +1 definitely. Their decisions are well-thought through and they take interest in the on-going things around the ship. They are well suited for the WL in my opinion.

Derrick Hydra is I think one of the better whitelist command characters I've seen; I don't have any history with Toomie at all, but nonetheless when I've seen Derrick he has had the ability to be sufficiently authoritative to really stand out among command characters, which is a quality I typically associate with longtime command mains. I've also seen him handle a variety of situations, from dealing with hostile reporters to dealing with a chaotic changeling round, which highlighted a particular blend of reasonableness and the aforementioned authoritativeness that I thought looked really good.

+1

I've played a few rounds both as command and not, as well as an antag and Derrick is a great character, with Toomie having the skill to back it up. I like the way they approach situations, and they have a habit of having thing done before you're even done asking. +1