Acetrea Fun Guy App (Dionae)

BYOND Ckey: Acetrea

Discord username: Acetrea

Character names: Mae Lin, Terra Larimore, Cora Horvath

Species you are applying to play: Dionae

------------------------------

General Whitelist Requirements 

What colour do you plan on making your first alien character?: A lighter color, like a soft blue-green.

Have you read the lore pages for the species you wish to be whitelisted for?: Yes

Why do you wish to play this species?: The main reason I want to play a Diona as my first whitelist is because I view Dionae as the most unique alien species available, yet so few players play as them. It’s neat to think that when talking to a Diona you are speaking to multiple nymphs, and those nymphs might all be speaking back to you at once, or just one speaking on its own or with the input of its fellow nymphs in the gestalt. That is all part of the mindtype, which gives all the nymphs a reason to be together and a common goal to work towards. Overall, I like the idea of being an organism controlled by multiple other sentient organisms.

What makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a human?: The most major difference when role-playing a Dionae rather than a human would be the consideration of how all the nymphs in the Dionae are interacting with each other. In mind-types that favor democracy, each nymph hears each other and comes to a logical conclusion together, but in mind-types with one leader, the rest are just followers. On another level, they are completely different in terms of biology. Dionae are fungi-type aliens who get their nourishment from radiation. They do not need to go to medical for treatment like other humanoids would. Dionae love a radiation storm, while humans hate them.

------------------------------

Character Application

Character Name: Pods Scattered Upon Sandy Dunes

Write a backstory for your character. This may include their origin, education, personality, and how they arrived to the SCCV Horizon. 

Pods was formed on Moghes after the meteor shower in 2451 sprinkled seeds all over the planet's Wastelands. Formed from 7 nymphs, Pods has the mindset of Harmonious Hymn. This mindset formed from being nymphs in a new environment, unsure of their surroundings except for the glorious amount of radiation available to them. This mindtype was only solidified when meeting the Unathi, as Pods evaluated all their decisions in order to not be exploited in the Dionae trade, and instead be a part of the symbiotic relationship between Dionae and Wastelanders. Pods initially worked closely with the Oasis Clans, assisting in removing radiation from their crops, but soon developed a friendship with an investigator Unathi named Kahz’dan who, though initially unsure, decided to allow Pods to absorb their genetic material regularly through blood. Pods began to learn from the absorption how to properly investigate crimes and the tools used to do so. Soon enough, Pods was working with Kahz’dan in the clan’s security. 

Being with the Oasis Clans brought Pods up with a belief in Th’akh and the Ichor Eternal. Pods believes that the Dionae were put in the Wastelands to take the lands from their decay into their rebirth and that the harmony between the Wastelanders and the Dionae is enough for spiritual fulfillment. To learn and to evolve from the Unathi’s genetic material is the ultimate goal.

Pods’ experience with the soldiers and security forces of their Oasis Clan put them on the path of the Code of the Sentinel. They seek the truth, wish to protect the innocent, believe in commitment, and are loyal to their Clan as well as their fellow Dionae.

After 7 years of playing a part in the Oasis Clan, Pods was able to find a place for themselves with the help of the Clan Leader within the Izweski Hegemony as an Investigating Assistant to the Clan Lord’s primary Investigator. Though still extremely wary of the possibility of being thrust into Dionae trade, Pods showed exemplary work and continued to prove their abilities to be unbiased in investigations and adept at their analytical skills. Over the next eight years, Pods made a name for themselves inside their Clan despite racism towards them, becoming a secondary Investigator to the Clan Lord and finally moving up to work for the Lord of the clan. From here, the Dagamuir Freewater Private Forces hired Pods to work aboard the SCCV Horizon, and Pods was ready to finally leave the Hegemony’s xenophobic environment and to stop constantly feeling like they needed to be looking over their shoulder. They are excited for the new diverse workplace they are about to enter and are curious about what they can learn from the various willing crewmembers through DNA absorption.

How has the recent events of the Orion Spur impacted your character? Events such as the Phoron Scarcity, the Solarian Collapse or even the Invasions of Biesel for interstellar-wide affairs, while region-specific events such as the Peacekeeper Mandate, The Titan Rises or even Cold Dawn may impact your character.  

The Contact War, though a terrible event, is the reason Dionae like Pods were able to cultivate and thrive on Moghes. They are torn between detesting the Contact War completely and seeing it through the lens of their religion as a cycle that nurtures evolution and rebirth. The New Blades, Old Wounds arc impacted Pods’ workplace environment, as at first, Unathi they interacted with began to be less hostile and more open to the idea of outsiders assisting in the humanitarian efforts, but when Lord Izaku attacked Skrell in the Nralakk Federation as well as the SCCV Horizon crew, things took a turn for the worse. Irrationally, people began to see the situation as the outsider’s fault, claiming if they had never been on Moghes, none of this would’ve happened. After the execution of Lord Izaku (which Pods did not support), the situation did not seem to improve much.

The Phoron Scarcity caused a large recession across the galaxy. Though the only sustenance Pods needs is light and radiation, they had to watch others in their clan struggle to make money, as their exports had been halted by the bankruptcy of the Merchants’ Guild. Overlord Hutay’zai’s speech about selling the Hegemony to alien corporations was a very dangerous time for Pods. His words were fuel to the fire of Unathi citizens’ frustrations, and these frustrations were taken out on any foreigners in sight. At this point, Pods had left the Oasis to work for their Lord in Skalamar. They had no friendly gestalts during the Phoron Scarcity, and all of Pods’ nymphs had come to a collective agreement: they were afraid for their life.

Pods is glad that the Omnivirate is beginning to become involved in political affairs. Since Pods originated from Moghes’s Wastelands and Moghes is such a xenophobic planet riddled with Dionae trade, they hope the Omnivirate can become involved in this situation to assist Dionae rights within the Hegemony and Wastelands.

Though Pods has never been there, they feel a special connection to Hieroaetheria. They constantly wonder how their people could’ve lost the knowledge of how they ended up there when it’s so important for knowledge not to be lost after a Diona dies. Pods worries that with the continued immigration of non-Dionae, even more knowledge will be lost forever. They are torn between wanting to advance and wanting to preserve their culture.

How does your character view the megacorporation they work for?

Pods does not like the PMCG of Dagamuir Freewater Private Forces, but they were the only contractor with ties to the Hegemony to get Pods out of the hostility of Moghes. They particularly dislike that they don’t follow the Warrior’s Code, instead opting to be fine with underhanded tactics to get their way in combat. The only things that Pods finds good about the DFPF are their religious tolerance and diverse workforce. When Pods’ contract is up, they plan to try to join either Idris, XDS, or NCS.

• Like 4

Acetrea is a close friend of mine who I helped introduce into Aurora and SS13 in general, she quickly grew into learning how to RP in an HRP server and make multiple characters. Years later I'm happy to see her apply for another species and have no doubt she couldn't learn the lore, as shown above. I'm excited to see another Diona player too! +1

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pocheto said:

Just noting I'm not sure that dionae can mechanically be PMCG. srry
anyways i give my +1, they do good rp and i like mae lin!

Thank you! Also, I did not know that, if that's true. I can definitely find a work around, I just chose PMCG because out of them, Idris, and Zavodski, they were the only ones with ties to Moghes via the Hegemony.

Edited by Acetrea