Andrewroo's Head of Staff Application

Byond Key:

Andrewroo

Character names:

Andrew Coetzee

How long have you been playing on Aurora?

1 month

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?

Because I love being an engineer and its something I'm good at. Plus I have always wanted to be a CE to make my own decisions.

Why did you come to Aurora?

Because I enjoyed the roleplay and the characters I find there. Plus the admins make the station look pretty.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?

Yes I have read a lot about engineering.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

In my opinion roleplay should simulate the real world and simulate circumstances that are highly accurate. Its about simulating life really... It needs to be as real as it could possibly be and it can't be half hearted otherwise it ruins the experience. It should be about acting like a real person would act and react like a real person would react. its meant to be a great experience for every player playing the game.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

To help and assist others to teach them how to play. Every head should contribute to the OOC system to assist and diffuse tense roleplaying or conflicting issues that may have occurred and bring them to an end or calm them to a substantial amount. It should be used in any matter from guiding someone to resolving conflict. It is a serious role and it should be fulfilled greatly.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

I would say that the OOC responsibilities are the same for them too. To help and assist. No one should ever instigate or involve themselves in role playing or related arguments ever because the game is there for fun and roleplay. Its best they report to admin any conflict or just leave and don't involve themselves .

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name:

Andrew Coetzee

Character age:

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Andrew is a well statured man with a well groomed beard. He has rough hands and a fit figure. He could be mistaken for using a gym but its just years of hard work and care for his old battle cruiser. Standing at 6ft 1 he meets the average of height with a balance of body tone. He is a well experienced engineer who has survived times rough and hard as he worked on a battle cruiser for many years of his life as an engineer. He witnessed the destruction of his battle cruiser and the death of all his crew by a torpedo that ripped the cruiser apart at the age of 30, surviving by wearing a hardsuit and recovered by a passing scout cruiser after drifting 18 hours with a breach in his suit. He went through a depressing alcoholic stage until the age of 33 where he decided hed work on a space station to earn his title back. Now his only goal is to work hard for those he lost on the battle cruiser Talon

He lived his life as one of the smartest in his class, he understood the concepts his teachers taught him and he always strived to be Chief Engineer in his early life becuase his father was one. His father was a Chief Engineer himself and taught Andrew the skills of the profession. This is where Andrew got his skill. And this is why he worked hard to be an engineer.

What do you like about this character?:

He is smart and courageous and loves what he does and does it to his absolute best. He chooses the easy way in life and doesn't plan on changing it anytime soon. Overall he's generally a very nice guy! Since his background is of a military life aboard a battlecruiser, his way of thinking is very strict and quick. His attitude is to get things done when it needs to be done. thus being why I really love my character because hes just so loveable yet serious.plus he's a really lovely and caring guy when he's in a good mood.

What do you dislike about this character?:

Its not his job to cause arguments thus he will often avoid them to the most possible if he believes he is in the wrong or if hes not involved in the first place. He avoids rough conversation such as fights that he may come across because he values the respect of his crew. Meaning hes not a violent person which to me is a little bad but reasonable.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?:

His knowledge of engineering and his adaptive attitude. He is fit for a head job because of his skill and attitude to the crew and station. His ability is far from untrustworthy since he knows whats hes doing. He is the perfect character in my opinion for the right balance of fun and work.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

I would rate it 11/10. I try extremely hard to stick to my character's personality and overall just love playing in roleplay servers because its just so fun!! I can assure you I have read a lot about role playing and understand the guidelines involved.

Extra notes:

No extra notes.

Edited by Guest
So whats happening with this app, its been left a long time?

Also, ive seen the changes too it and i think its much better now, im happy to give you a +1 after addressing the problem i had.

Thats great thanks! And im not sure whats happening with it... :(

I have played with Andrew a bit and I've noticed he's a very knowledgeable, very friendly, and very helpful kind of guy. I have had no negative experiences while playing with him, and I think he deserves to be whitelisted. He's already proven how competent he is as an engineer.