Loow's Head Whitelist

BYOND key:Loow

Character names: Beatrix Saylor, Brady Saylor, Chance Mendoza, Jack, Latif Ha'kim, Nautif Mih-Hel, Steven Smith, Teresa Vasquez, Virgil Wayland

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:Eight months? Nine months? Eight months.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:Because my time is now.

Why did you come to Aurora?: I had grown tired of another server and decided that it was not the place for me. A friend began talking about Aurora and how it was "different". If memory serves, it was a reddit post of a mid-round funeral for a security officer that made me finally decide to give Aurora a try.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes, I have.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay is the act of putting ones self into the mind of a character. You're not you. Loow's not Loow. You become this character you roleplay as. Roleplay is about bringing this fictional character, this person, to life. Their thoughts, their dreams, their aspirations can only be brought to life by you. Roleplay is bringing a person who does not exist to life and how you as a player do it.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Keep the station floating. Help the departments keep the station floating. Help other players continue on with their wonderful RP and such. Also, it never hurts to try and be a good example. Involve others in your RP, teach somebody who wants to learn. Be the best darn player you can be and help others along their way.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: The OOC responsibilities are fairly numerous, but I'll try to sum them up with three main points: Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect.

Hustle: Not being afraid to work hard and put in the extra effort even when things look bad. It doesn't matter how many times you fall as long as you keep getting back up. With other players, this would mean doing my best to see the players through any round in which I RP a head of staff rather than leaving them high and dry.

Loyalty: Not everyone on Aurora is as experienced as our whitelisted players. It's our duty to help players of our community who are in need. If they don't understand the world, the mechanics, or how the station itself runs,we should be there to help them.

Respect: The whitelisted, and all players, ought to give all players some level of respect. You don't need to duck your head down or beg forgiveness, but don't be afraid to go up to somebody and share your honest opinion in a semi-civil manner. That goes along well with not being afraid to bury the hatchet. If and when someone does feel disrespected, talk it out. A little bit of communication goes a long way.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name:Steven Smith

Character age:36

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Steven shut his eyes hard and brought his left hand to his face. He grabbed the bridge of his nose hard and tried to put his words into a less hostile form than they had taken in his head. "Sir..." Steven opened his eyes and spoke in a slow, even tone. "Your forms are in order. Your request for additional access is denied. Please end this scene and continue about your shift." Steven put on a plastic smile and added a tinge of sweetness to his voice. "If you require anything further, I can provide you with appropriate paperwork." The man standing before him had a blank stare and dead eyes. He turned to leave without a word and bumped into the wall as he finally left Steven's field of vision. "Why does NT let these people get past initial screening?"

Steven had studied business. Steven had studied management. Now that Steven was in his "optimal work environment", he felt that he was something to be studied. Why would a man who had clawed his way from a humble beginning as a youth of old Luna to a multi-trillion dollar company like NanoTrasen hate his job? Steven shook his head slowly with his "smile" still stuck to his face.

He took a moment to ponder this thought, as he had done the day before and the week before that. Surely the issue was not Steven. No. The issue was this place. Yes! The issue is his position! Steven tapped on his desk before pulling a sheet of paper.He wrote down several words. Or were they names? Steven didn't care. He only cared about the places known by these words. He saw the word he associated with his current position. He drew three lines through this word. He considered the other words. Steven crossed out several words before stopping at one for a moment. "Odin". Steven drew a question mark by this word. He could work for "Odin". Some day.

Steven eventually found that there were not many words on his list that he had not crossed out. He held his pen up above his desk and flicked downward. The pen bounced a few times and came to rest pointing to the word he associated with his current position. Steven winced and pushed the pen over slightly. It now pointed to another word. "Aurora." Steven nodded to himself and looked around his desk to be sure none of his "co-workers" had watched him. He looked back down at the word and let his face turn into something resembling a genuine smile. "Aurora it is."

What do you like about this character?: He has a business mindset, is a typical businessman, focused on his own business and is now getting sick of it. His job has started to feel less like a passion and more like... work.

He's exactly the sort of person I could realistically see as a Head of Personnel. Cynical as it may sound, I don't picture most management-types as being happy people. He comes to work because it is the job he has and it pays well.

What do you dislike about this character?: He's about as sociable as a used-car salesman. Y'know? He's smiling while he's talking to you, but it doesn't always seem sincere. Like talking to a character is just a part of his job that he has to deal with.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: Whether Stevie likes it or not, he's qualified for a position as a Head of Staff and he's not too bad at it. He's got the mindset to drudge through paperwork and get that quarterly report done by noon on Friday.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: Three loyalty implants out of four. I'm open to criticism.

Extra notes: I plan on using this whitelist primarily for HoP work, but I am open to the idea of occasional HoS RP if I feel particularly insane one day. In the near future, I will be RPing a character that I will at some point have as a Captain. Foreshadowing

Thank you for reading my Whitelist Application. If it is not too much trouble, I'd like to ask for your advice.

What do you like in a HoP/HoS/Captain? What do you hate?

Anyone have any tips or general advice? I'm not too proud to at least hear it out.

While he can be overzealous at times, I think Loow is an incredibly skilled roleplayer, and we need more of those in command roles. I hope to be forced to do paperwork soon.

Why do you have to look up to him?

Aside from in a literal sense.

Don't you know that a power that big

Comes with a bigger expense?

And can't you see that he’s out of control

And overzealous?

I'm telling you for your own good,

And not because I'm-

yes loow is an amazing character, I believe he would handle a head position with respect.

• 2 weeks later...