IPC becoming organic

Weeelll... technically if you have the technology to plug a brain into a machine, you probably have the technology to control a brainstem with a computer. It's the same idea as using an artificial neuron to bridge broken nerve connections in people with spinal problems, it's just plugging an AI inside a microcomputer in at one end of the pipe rather than an organic nervous system.

We're doing that kind of stuff now, so it isn't completely impossible at a theoretical level.

That being said. I'm still not cool with this because of the wider implications of that kind of technology. Putting full resleeving into SS13 would do veeery weird things to the universe.

Weeelll... technically if you have the technology to plug a brain into a machine, you probably have the technology to control a brainstem with a computer. It's the same idea as using an artificial neuron to bridge broken nerve connections in people with spinal problems, it's just plugging an AI inside a microcomputer in at one end of the pipe rather than an organic nervous system.

We're doing that kind of stuff now, so it isn't completely impossible at a theoretical level.

That being said. I'm still not cool with this because of the wider implications of that kind of technology. Putting full resleeving into SS13 would do veeery weird things to the universe.

Am I missing something or... Kix had a posi brain, how is it possible to turn a posi brain in a normal brain with memories, etc...? It shouldn't work, logical wise.

Kix had a posi-brain? I thought she had a MMI of some sort. Once, she said to one of my characters that she's 5% organic.

Anyway, I don't think I saw Kix behave like a IPC in any way, at all. So, making a separate character would be nothing, but good.

Also, what will happen to Mix? She's Kix's synthetic sister, right?

Am I missing something or... Kix had a posi brain, how is it possible to turn a posi brain in a normal brain with memories, etc...? It shouldn't work, logical wise.

Kix had a posi-brain? I thought she had a MMI of some sort. Once, she said to one of my characters that she's 5% organic.

Anyway, I don't think I saw Kix behave like a IPC in any way, at all. So, making a separate character would be nothing, but good.

Also, what will happen to Mix? She's Kix's synthetic sister, right?

"Secondary Admin PM from-Tenenza: It's been a while since I've seen anyone get a species whitelist strip, but I'd say you're flying rather close if Sue's responce is an indicator. I'd like to advice you try and backtrack a bit. You don't necessarily need to retcon, you could just say that the body didn't hold up well to extended neurological anti-rejection drugs. I dunno. You've got options."

I would like to know what exactly 'my response' was given that I've literally not be on the Aurora doing anything in my capacity as a loremin right now due to a hiatus.

I do not like people speaking for me. I do not like people assuming. Not once have I considered removing Moltenkore's whitelist seriously. IPCs cannot be made into organics. End point.

If they had proceeded with this idea despite being told different, then I may have thought about unwhitelisting them. As far as I'm aware, they've not abused the privilege given to them.

"Secondary Admin PM from-Tenenza: It's been a while since I've seen anyone get a species whitelist strip, but I'd say you're flying rather close if Sue's responce is an indicator. I'd like to advice you try and backtrack a bit. You don't necessarily need to retcon, you could just say that the body didn't hold up well to extended neurological anti-rejection drugs. I dunno. You've got options."

I would like to know what exactly 'my response' was given that I've literally not be on the Aurora doing anything in my capacity as a loremin right now due to a hiatus.

I do not like people speaking for me. I do not like people assuming. Not once have I considered removing Moltenkore's whitelist seriously. IPCs cannot be made into organics. End point.

If they had proceeded with this idea despite being told different, then I may have thought about unwhitelisting them. As far as I'm aware, they've not abused the privilege given to them.

• 2 months later...