HunterRS Head Of Staff Application.

BYOND key: HunterRS

Character names: Edgar Dawnguard, Ashley Grace (My new character)

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: About 2 rounds a day for the past two week, but was one way more during the summer

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I wish to help out the server and show new people around and set an example. I hope to be added so I can do more to help out

Why did you come to Aurora?: My friend told be about the server and I have loved it.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Of course

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay is acting like another character to do a set thing with others, like in Aurora it's to keep the station running and do your job. I think that roleplay should be enjoyable for all parties and should be something you enjoy to do. Thats why some people don't understand what roleplay is because they don't have fun.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: I think OOCly the Head are staff are to keep their department in check and control the people. Like the Research Director controls R&D. And they should be able to be calm and call an evac or change the code to code blue or red. They should also be able to control the station if they are the only one during a crisis.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: I think that the whitelisted players should be able to stay calm and not get mad often. They should be able to help new people and show them the ropes. The players should follow the rules all the time. I am mostly calm unless something upset me before in real life. I don't get mad often at people.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Edgar Dawnguard

Character age: 34

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): Edgar Dawnguard was born to 2420 in Alpha Centauri to a small family of his older brother and sister. Edgar was the only one in his family that would go and make random things, mechanical or not. He loved making things as a child and when he soured through school. He aced math and science classes, determined to be a scientist someday. When he got out of high school he went to go to collage for eight years to earn a Masters in Robotics and a PhD in Xenobiology.

Edgar was a top student in his college, surpassing most of his peers. After he graduated from collage with the two degrees, he joined Nanotreason and was asked to work on many different stations, he then was assigned to work at Aurora Station, where he has been working since.

What do you like about this character?: I like this character because he is my go to person in case things go bad. He likes to be funny and nice at the same time, but can be serious if need be. He likes to be in part of the research team and be a part of that crew. But he also knows how to be part of the security if need be.

What do you dislike about this character?: Due to his motive to be funny at times it gets him arrested sometimes for stupid things. Like one time I got arrested for stealing a drink from another person at the bar. It was fun IC and OOC to me and everyone. He also stays calm and doesn't freak out so I can't freak out over the radio.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: I think Edgar can be a good head of staff because he can be calm and be ready in case things go back. I think he can be a good research director because he knows how to be a scientist and robotisist.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I think my roleplaying is pretty good, I emote a lot and go slow, but I type fast and make a lot of typos during my writing. I sometimes forget a rule and break it on accident, then I realize and fix it.

Extra notes: Nope! Thank you for reading!

Edited by Guest

I'd rather not make a head of staff application with limited and basic skills of running a department(not being able to fill paperwork, doing most of the job yourself and ignoring most of times what's going on in your department and other departments with no heads of staff. All you basically do is just tell one person do a thing, that's not what I'd like to always expect.)

You have to work with the ENTIRE station, not just your own stuff. I don't want bullshit "i wanna be head of staff cuz more roleplay experience" excuses, I want to see more from mechanics knowledge, self-awareness, being most of times always correct(and even if you are wrong, take it like a fucking man and don't metagrudge like rest do with their "u disraspect me m8, demoted and fired lol" reasons.)

Being a head of staff is not really all shits and giggles, you take a higher power in game and can ruin other players round and fun, which almost entire head of staff whitelist holders fail to understand. From rampaging lesbian chief engineers/CMO's, to long forgotten Captains/Head of Security's who really do nothing in round and their corpses are found in lockers because they can't communicate, to validhunting selfish research directors. This is almost what I see every round.

If you could give me a promise, of not being a shit head of staff, you'll have my upvote.

I know how to do the paper work, just may give me a bit to figure out what one is which, but I know mostly all of the station besides engineering, which I am confused as crap to do, I think I can keep a promise on doing a good job, I just may be bad a first but I will come to it. And I would try to be a good Head of staff also.

I'm gonna go ahead and put in my two cents. I've not played with this fella too much, but from the bit I have he's pretty good at his job. To give a full rating on his RPing ability, I would have to ghost or RP with him a bit more. But I have a fairly positive attitude on him.

On the flip side I know that Hunter has a lot of room for improvement. Mostly in the Lore department and the writing. My personal suggestion is to go on for about two more weeks and try again, should this get rejected.

I'm going to have to disapprove of this app. The player has shown that they're not entirely willing to follow canon rules and I'm 90% certain that, as a xenobiologist, they slimed themselves despite the orders of the RD - and if they did not, they sure as hell insisted on it (and did not even present paperwork to initiate the pickings for a possible slimee).

Sliming IS canon. What is not is that your character can go through sliming and come back. Because of the genetic damage, it's a permanent issue that makes you non-human and non-crew.

But still, the bigger issue at hand is that you tried using it as a reason to do it, AND that you tried to go over the RD's head - remember, all bets are off if it stays in Science, but as soon as it involves crossing the barriers between station and science, there's talks and paperwork to be done.

Well I did it

Did you or did you not do it?

Also, forgot to tackle this: I wasn't mad. I never am. I just take my responsibilities seriously - and that's something else you should take in mind: most Head whitelistees are there to help you. Just pop up within their range, ask a few questions in LOOC and you're all fine and dandy.

(Which is another point which sort of scares me - you know the job but not the lore behind it on Aurora, and so if you're whitelisted you're little more than Scientist+ possibly without being much help to new players)

I did in on another round, not the round that that happened. And I've read the lore and stuff, it's just all confusing a times. And also, people make mistakes and have bad days, one mistake doesn't stop someone from it.

And when I did it, I was alone on an extended round with nothing to do. And I never did it before so I thought I would do it. And I didn't know it wasn't cannon

Entirely fair, but I maintain that maybe you're not ready yet for a Head position. Play a few more days, ask questions - and maybe by then if you can prove that you're ready I will approve.

Then again - don't worry, this isn't a damnation. I'm just one insignificant user - one thing you CAN do is, once per round, advertise your application in-game through the OOC channel for other people to pitch in.

Application Denied. However, please don't let this discourage you from applying in the future. If you'd like to know the reasons behind this, please PM Aqy and TishinaStalker. It's recommended you contact us, and allow us to offer explanations and hopefully help you in learning from the reasons for this denial before putting in another application.