Moderator Application: Andyman105

Basic Information

Byond Account: Andyman105

Character Name(s): Brian Owen, Kenny Mitchell, Robert Williams, Nick Pratt, Adam Wells, Trevor Zimmer

AI Name(s): Friendly, E.N.G.I., A.I.D.S., A.I.M.bot

Preferred means of contact (specify a program/means, exact details can be requested/provided through private channels): BYOND pager, Skype

Timezone: EST

When are you on Aurora?: Around 3 - 8 PM EST (Will be on the server much more between November 17-27 due to surgery recovery)

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: ~4 months

How long have you played on Aurora: ~3 months

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I know a good deal of information about game mechanics, but feel that I could learn a little more.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Perma-Banned from New Eden Station for welderbombing during a revolution round to get a rev head out of security. Ban has since been removed after appeal.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: Usually to have fun after a day's work at school, and it is a really fun game.

Why do you play on Aurora?: The Aurora is a fantastic server with nice administration and a fantastic player base that is often willing to help.

What do moderators do?: Moderators are mainly responsible for assisting new players with mechanics, as well as helping administrators deal with the occasional griefer.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: Help players understand game mechanics, deal with problems that may arise during rounds, and assist administrators, as well as allowing players to have a good time.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I have been helped by the server staff on this station for a while, and they have made the game fun for me. I hope to be able to do the same for another player.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I would like to get information and fully understand a situation before making a decision, and I am good at micro-management.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I am constantly stressed and insulted at work by customers and managers. However, I am able to overcome that quite easily.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

I would like to thank the administration and moderator communities for making this server one of the best on the BYOND hub.

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...