Comics for Aurora

Hey guys, planning on making some comics of stuff that has happened on Aurora. I'm talking drama, I'm talking backstories, I'm talking the fun times and the sad. I'd like detailed posts about situations that have unfolded aboard NSS Aurora. If people could help me draw, that would be badass too. I can't wait to see the kinds of panels come from this...

I made a BYOND server banner with the sprites I created, though it was never implemented.

mtbf2ul.png

Of course, if I was going to do a webcomic, I'd do more in the way of shading and facial expression.

I Gods Will Be Watching/Sword & Sworcery'd all over myself.

I have a soft spot for this kind of stylization.

You'd have all of my +1s, but... there's no Dan.

*coughsubtlehintcough*

Generally speaking, I suppose none of us is creative enough to pull an entire comics all by himself - seeing as we all have been thinking of it, but nobody did anything much.

...so, how about we rather make a collection of short stories? It requires less effort from each of us, and yet the final outcome could be fairly lengthy. And, who knows, perhaps seeing something done would give some of us the kick to aim at something greater.

I made a BYOND server banner with the sprites I created, though it was never implemented.

mtbf2ul.png

Of course, if I was going to do a webcomic, I'd do more in the way of shading and facial expression.

I Gods Will Be Watching/Sword & Sworcery'd all over myself.

I have a soft spot for this kind of stylization.

You'd have all of my +1s, but... there's no Dan.

*coughsubtlehintcough*

These were actually heavily influenced by Gods Will Be Watching. Finally someone else who knows about that little gem.

Also, I made these back when we were still on the old forums. I'll link the thread where I posted all the ones I did.

http://auroraserver.freeforums.net/thread/806/character-sprites

Also, I would be willing to do these kinds of stuffs if I had stories from other people that might be found entertaining. And a website to put them on.

• 5 months later...

Did someone say comics?

Comics are my middle name!

...Well, last name.

...Well, last part of my SCREEN name.

Anyway, I'm a cartoonist. Like, it's my actual job.

So while like %98 of my drawing time is spent on paid projects (since I gotta make that money somehow), I occasionally do either reference SS13 in my comics or flat out draw my character for fun.

For example (The art is a bit simpler than my usual style, I just knew it would be a long comic so I tried to keep it simple):

full size version: Geektopia - Welcome to Space Station 13

2e5pidy.jpg

But, I wouldn't mind helping out a bit here and there.