GlasgowSmiling's Bugman App [Vaurca Whitelist Request]

BYOND Key: GlasgowSmiling

Character Names: Cygnus Tomalescue, Marquis Spritz, Mirakini Fredrifili

Species you are applying to play: The Vaurca

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Brown

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I’ve always had a love for anything insectile, especially when they’re of the social sort. I very much want to try to play as a Drone as I don’t believe we have anything quite as unique. Intelligent yes not self-aware, merely there to do its job and be done - there’s nothing like willing inedntured servitude.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Well, as a whole the species has quite a few options when it comes to what you want to play. Whether you want to be a bound Worker or an unbound Warrior or the variations between, you’ve got it all right here. There are many variations to how one might speak Common as a Vaurca, which gives both a unique difficulty and an interesting patternization.

Character Name: Ka’Viax’Vith K’lax

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs:

Ka’Viax’Vith K’lax is a Bound worker from the K’lax hive, sent as a furtherment of good relations with Nanotrasen to work upon their various stations and installations. They’ve been transferred between various places, always working in the darker parts to fix pipes and re-attaching any torn wiring. When required they are put to use in Atmospherics, much for the same reason - like most other Bound, they have no capability of working anyplace else.

While treated as most Bound are, and unable to do much better than any other Bound, they are often commented as being a ‘competent worker’ by those humans that may not precisely understand what being Bound means for the individual.

What do you like about this character?:

I personally like that they are the ‘ultimate worker’ - wanting for nothing but to do what they were meant to. I feel they’ll also be fairly easy to play and I look forward to any ‘abuse’ that might be thrown my way.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

5/10 - I’ve been doing this for a while, but I know there are people that might be able to do it better. I used to rate myself higher but I’ve come to realized I was a fool. :P

Notes:

I’m really excited for this race and I sincerely hope they don’t go the way of the Kocasslani. I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose another race. 3

P.s.

I know it said that Bound are meant for Civilian jobs, I had just read on the wiki that (theoretically) a Bound could be a fully-functioning Engineer, which is why I assumed atmospherics would be fine. If anyone would like me to change that, please let me know. Atmos isnt a make-it-or-break it.

Edited by Guest