[Accepted] Souri-5

Type Planet

Founding/Settlement Date: Planetary records are lacking,

Region of Space: Frontier.

Controlled by : A loose chain of city-states with sparce links of diplomacy.

Other Snapshot information:

-Composed of several city-states stemming from prison and mining installations.

- Cities known to practice a loose form of representative democracy, though the actual degree of choice regarding leaders is minimal due to deeply stemmed corruption.

- State militias maintained from local conscription during conflict, no professional army.

-Climate is consistently hot and humid year round, but otherwise habitable.

-Naming of planet was due to the misunderstanding that a historical name followed by a number sounded particularly official.

Long Description:

Once a penal colony made to facilitate a cheap mining operation amongst the farrest, untapped planets, the quantity of minerals present within the various mining operations upon the planet sparked a brief gold rush, attracting rough riding, leather necked settlers to seek their fortune upon the frontier. Centers of population sprung up around the largest mining areas, settlements made of grit, boot shine, and home stilled whiskey. The planet quickly proved to be a false beacon, the small sections of valuable resources depleting in a wink. This left several thousand prisoners with their contracts not worth the expense of living costs and maintenance of prisons. Being the pragmatic businessmen these company fellows were, they pulled relevant administrators from the planet in a night's shuttling, and abandoned the planet.

With no company's padding to provide the former workers with transportation off planet, the greatly understaffed prison guards found themselves unable to maintain administration of the criminal population effectively, and the criminal justice system that had so aptly sparked the planet’s economic boom swiftly dissolved into daycares with the gate left open. The meanest of the mean laid down the foundations for the corrupt, numerous parties that govern the city-states of Missouri-5, places of vice, vile tendencies, and above all, survivability. Autocracies, republics, kingdoms, and even theocracies popped up upon the scattered mining installations, sparce pickings of folk trying to thrive in a dead man’s world for each dime and wink.

Edited by Guest

Can I be, like, open about this.

This reads like something out of Futurama, which is a great show. I am amused by the far out concept, but I don't think people would waste resources, money, and time to make an entire planet based off the state of Missouri. In this setting, it really doesn't make sense.

Can I be, like, open about this.

This reads like something out of Futurama, which is a great show. I am amused by the far out concept, but I don't think people would waste resources, money, and time to make an entire planet based off the state of Missouri. In this setting, it really doesn't make sense.

While a planet based off of Missouri sounds awesome, with Space Tom Sawyer hanging about the plasma rivers of questionable content, this isn't that. The reasoning for the name is mentioned in Snapshot, if more a poke at the Sci-fiery that SS13 so perfectly propagates.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

We talked this over in the lore-chat (which is dark and full of terrors btw) and while we like the idea of the faction, we have an issue with the name. We've been rejecting nationalistic-based names, so it wouldn't make sense to let a planet named after a state rollerskate on by.

The name's the only issue we got; change it and we should be good! :D

• 2 months later...