[Accepted]Baka's Dionaea App

BYOND Key: bakagaijin

Character Names: Samantha Mason, Alice Katzen

How long have you been playing on Aurora: 2 1/2 months?

Species you are applying to play: Dionaea

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: To the best of my ability, I had read the lore section to Dionaea.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Because this will challenge my roleplaying skills to play an alien species. It will challenge me to not behave like a human. I believe it will also provide interesting roleplay scenarios being a tree person on a ship mostly populated by humans.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Dionaea are big, slow, curious creatures that are made up of individual, smaller organisms. They can connect together and merge, as they are all destined to be a part of a gestalt. They are highly impressionable, as they are always learning about their world, and they have an interesting intake of how it works. They have a special way of communication called Rootspeak. They require light to survive, and can handle radiation quite well.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? Because they truly feel like an alien species, and the way that they are slow paced and curious, they are bizarre to me in a good way.

Character Name: Mauve Foliage (Full name: Mauve Foliage That Blows in the Wind off the Expired Elm Tree)

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs The samen which was planted and sprouted in a hydroponic tray from a curious botanist blossomed a small Diona Nymph. This nymph went around the botanist's work place, flicking it's feelers, drawing out the echoes of memories and personalities of the co-workers.

The more as it gathered, the more it grew, and grew, until finally becoming an adult Dionaea. It eventually grew curious enough to leave it's confinements, and peacefully left out to explore. While walking in a rather beautiful biodome, it notice a dying tree out of a field of beautifultrees, that it produced a curious dark colour that around it people said was duller than the more vivid splashes of orange and red. That is where Mauve Foliage got it's name, that in the middle of flash, there is still modesty.

What do you like about this character? That they are probably easy going and relaxed.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I have some issues with some things sometimes depending on factors, but I feel like I am semi-decent.

Notes: This is my first application. Please comment and criticize, I am open to this.

After participating in two round where Baka played a nymph I can say that they acted out its inquisitive nature quite well, always asking tough yet simple questions, while still being playful, resulting in great RP. I can only conclude that they would play Dionaea excellently.