Internal Affairs Laptops

Nanda

It seems to be having a few more options available when buying a laptop as an agent would be very useful.

My first shift as an agent, I was tasked by Central (thaaaanks, Sierra) to do an investigation on all command staff, looking into employment records, having them get physicals, and reporting my findings back to CentCom.

Half of this was not possible, as there is no console with employment records. The Captain let me use his office, but does the Captain really need to run back to the bridge every time an Agent needs to look something up?

Currently, the list of programs installed on an agent's laptop is very small. It's basically an assistant's machine. Arcade, entertainment key.

I request more options be made available. Security records, medical records, employment records. I'm not sure what the full array of "apps" available are, but surely IAA is trusted more than an assistant!

I don't agree with medical records, simply because Doctor/Patient confidentiality protects those to only be released to supervisory staff, security (during investigations) and fellow medical staff.

You can access security records via your PDA.

And IAA DO need their employment records console back.

And all Heads+IAA need the employment record console added to the laptop. None of them have it. It's annoying.

I don't agree with medical records, simply because Doctor/Patient confidentiality protects those to only be released to supervisory staff, security (during investigations) and fellow medical staff.

I agree with this. It's one of the reasons the inspection orders I send only say security and employment records, and delegates medical to the medical department.

I feel that Internal Affairs SHOULD have access to all of the records console. Especially with their new OOC trust that has been given to them with the Head whitelist. ICly, it also makes sense as the IAA are one of the most trusted personnel aboard the station. They keep Central Command updated on the happenings of the station and if Central needs something from them if there is an investigation, they can contact the IAA to assist.

I am sure there are more reasons but, they should have access to all the records, just what I am thinking.

About the Medical records, does the Head of Personnel really need to have access to those, because, as far as I know, they do. Along with the Head of Security I believe. Internal Affairs could be added to the list of access with really no issue as I would trust them more than the Head of Personnel since they are Loyalty Implanted.

I agree with this. It's one of the reasons the inspection orders I send only say security and employment records, and delegates medical to the medical department.

Yeah, I'm fine with that, and it makes sense.

BUT THE OTHER THREE THINGS! Haha.

About the Medical records, does the Head of Personnel really need to have access to those, because, as far as I know, they do. Along with the Head of Security I believe. Internal Affairs could be added to the list of access with really no issue as I would trust them more than the Head of Personnel since they are Loyalty Implanted.

If they do, then they really shouldn't.. They didn't on the oldmap/oldcode. Medical records are supposed to be confidential to medical personnel and their patients only; The HoP, HoS, and IA are not medical personnel and it'd be a breach of doctor-patient confidentiality laws to give them direct access with the patient's consent. Plus, giving IA access to /everything/ makes it so the IA doesn't get as much interaction when handling things like departmental inspections, so I'd honestly just leave it at employment and sec records; Leave the medical stuff to medbay.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

While it's not explicitly written down anywhere it makes sense that medical records would remain confidential between the crew member and the lesbian nurse treating him. However, IAA should be able to be given access if they feel it necessary during an investigation that involves workplace competence or something.

Anyway the base suggestion is good because it mkes iAA's job easier.

While it's not explicitly written down anywhere it makes sense that medical records would remain confidential between the crew member and the lesbian nurse treating him. However, IAA should be able to be given access if they feel it necessary during an investigation that involves workplace competence or something.

Anyway the base suggestion is good because it mkes iAA's job easier.

So give IAA Sec and Employment, and authorization to seek medical records when it pertains to a case.

Like anything, an agent abusing their powers is fuuuuuuuuuucked.

Of course, a trusted agent needs less and less paperwork to /wave around/. It's getting easier to manipulate the crew and command the more I play.

Not that I do that for the side of evil, I am (ICly), implanted, of course.

Mwahaha.