Inter Species Relationships

I've been wondering, what is the general consensus and would be the appropriate response from someone who is rather, 'average' on inter-species relationships? I would assume, even in human space, and progressive circles it would be considered rather frowned upon. What is the consensus by the Medical-Scientific community on whether or not these attractions are healthy, and how common are they in society?

I'd appreciate a cohesive answer breaking down this sort of thing, and any other points I missed.

We live in a society that allows transgenderism and otherkin and people who marry inanimnate objects, so it's not too much of a stretch that interspecies relationships would be viewed in the far flung future as that stuff is viewed now, since they would have been around for roughly similar time periods. It may or may not be viewed as only a step up from bestiality by the more conservative, or as the newest "frontier of sexual liberation" by the progressives.

As for the medical community, you'd likely see a similar split as you would for the subject of things like transgenderism, where there is argument as to whether it is a symptom of deep seated mental illness.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
We live in a society that allows transgenderism and otherkin and people who marry inanimnate objects

what

maybe some of those tiny european nations that consist of 12 germans and a dutchman but none of these things have mainstream acceptance in the US. Do you live in San Fransisco?

It may or may not be viewed as only a step up from bestiality by the more conservative, or as the newest "frontier of sexual liberation" by the progressives.

As for the medical community, you'd likely see a similar split as you would for the subject of things like transgenderism, where there is argument as to whether it is a symptom of deep seated mental illness.

The rest of it is on the nose. Now obviously I can't and won't shoehorn players and their characters into believing these things, but this the is the broad set-up that they can build from. I mean even if you had very progressive parents, which one of these would you bring home? Which of these would you want to be seen publically having a romantic dinner date with?

A Skrell?

2YPqZu1.jpg

A Tajaran?

carnival-costumes-plush-costume-cat.jpg

A Unathi?

8cd21f0b36f43daf915e749f80989853.jpg

Or a human?

Human-rights-commissioner-010.jpg

Guest Complete Garbage
If you want to fuck a robot you get laughed at by everyone

Some robots are made for fucking, though. But they aren't the robots you see on the station (I hope)

Owah!~You make my CO-AX bus connector extend, Mikhail-Sama!~

It should be, at this stage, viewed with a general wariness. You'll have some people fawning all over it and wanting it to be accepted everywhere under penalty of law, and you'll many, many others who view it as unnatural, because it is. Wanting to have sex with something that isn't your own species isn't normal, and wouldn't be viewed as such, similar to how it isn't normal to want to chop your bits off and start wearing dresses.

Possibly though, it'd get a lot of coverage in the media and you'd see a lot of movements for it among progressives.