Books, Wipe Archive, Rule Change, Yaya?

Guest Complete Garbage
I don't think limiting adult books or a non-PG-13 stuff as a whole is really required considering this game is a murder simulator where you can tear out and eat the still-beating hearts of your enemies then tear their waifus apart limb by limb.

What server have you been playing on. You can't tear out hears or rip off limbs in this code, they can only be surgically removed or chopped/shot off. And organs are not edible.

That said... the library doesn't really get a lot of use. It's a largely pointless, fluff area, like the kitchen and chapel. I think I've visited it once or twice to actually look at the books. but more often use the librarians back room to suck out people's fluids in privacy. So I'm like,... not sure this is such a vital aspect of the game it needs much attention?

Organs aren't edible anymore? They used to be; at least I know appendixes were, not sure about the others.

Shame that no one (or a small amount of people) really cares about the library.

This isn't so much a function of people as a limitation of design and perhaps to an extent the engine. It is the least used of the 'civilian' locales, because there is jack shit to do in there. There is no food, or drink, or priest to hold sermons. If you are lucky, there is a librarian, but since the bookshelves are by default empty, that means the librarian has to populate them manually, which in itself is a tedious process only the dedicated bother with. There is a 'check out' process, but it means very little, as the magic library computer can print infinite books forever, replacing anything people wander off with and never bring back (or the librarian can just print out 400 copies of Lusty Unathi Maid and throw them all over the station). There is a table in the back, but that serves more purpose as a secluded meeting place for antagonists to plot their 'book club' or whatever. Sometimes people try to start D&D sessions in there, but I have never seen that go very far, because:

A) They're supposed to be working, they're at a job

B) There isn't enough time to actually get anything done in an average round

That is not mentioning the books themselves. There is a smattering of old poe and lovecraft books, mixed with a sea of stupid shit, some of which is joke books, books that have nothing but keyboard mash inside and serve only to have a memetic title, or contain only one sentence, or have bad grammar. And they are all really SHORT, due to what I presume is engine text limitations and people not having the patience to write a novel for spessmen. Most or not all books can be read in less than five minutes, including the actually good ones, and after that, you might as well toss them, because they're just clogging up space in your inventory.

There is only so much you can expect people to do that means anything in such an empty, open-ended content area of the station. For the most part, people will just ignore it in favor of going somewhere that has exciting things for them to see or do.