Is the R&D database ICly wiped after each shift?

Title.

It could make sense.. Let's say the computers generate slightly different blueprints each time they "invent" something. Deleting the database would allow for new blueprints to be created, which could be potencially better than the previous ones.

Guest Complete Garbage
Title.

It could make sense.. Let's say the computers generate slightly different blueprints each time they "invent" something. Deleting the database would allow for new blueprints to be created, which could be potencially better than the previous ones.

That actually sounds like a really good reason to wipe the database after each shift. Tiny variations that could lead to improvements over time.

I can't find it (not that I did much looking), and I am 90% sure it's on the forums somewhere, but IIRC that actually IS how it works, pretty much, the computers do all the actual research, every shift the data is given to Odin and they file it in their database, basically giving the computers the same input over and over again looking for different output, to refine the tech.

So not wiped, exactly, just transferred and stored.

I can't find it (not that I did much looking), and I am 90% sure it's on the forums somewhere, but IIRC that actually IS how it works, pretty much, the computers do all the actual research, every shift the data is given to Odin and they file it in their database, basically giving the computers the same input over and over again looking for different output, to refine the tech.

Why not Copy and Paste the database, this is 2458. Everyone had done it every extended round and no one dared to question the logic.

Why not Copy and Paste the database, this is 2458. Everyone had done it every extended round and no one dared to question the logic.

Maybe in the future our data storage capacity really sucks (or NT is just cheap) and only Odin can hold all the data.

or no one just bothered to ever think that much about this general subject

Maybe in the future our data storage capacity really sucks (or NT is just cheap) and only Odin can hold all the data.

or no one just bothered to ever think that much about this general subject

It could be that they don't want any syndicate undercover agents in the cleanup crew to access these databanks...