Diona Whitelist - Chaznoodles

BYOND Key: Chaznoodles.

Character Names: Lyric Oneal, Kyr Sunder, Fell Lansden, Maria Valance.

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Since it's inception, September 5th 2013.

Species you are applying to play: Diona.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Diona exempt): N/A

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I feel that it would be a big change of pace, as well as giving me a reason to take part in rounds. Alongside this, I would enjoy the chance to get a different view from a different race on the station.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: For the first part, Diona are generally slower, in movement and mentality, than humans. In this, it would be fun to adapt to having a slower pace whilst playing, and taking things at a more relaxed rate. On top of this, it would be necessary to stay out of darkened areas due to the damage caused, so no maintenance-trawling. Radiation is a plus for Diona characters, so there would be no need to avoid it's causes.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? I like the idea of a race based on plants instead of animals. it's an interesting concept, and would provide a contrast to the number of characters I've played over my time spent roleplaying. On top of this, the thought of Diona being part of one creature instead of seperate entities intrigues me, seeing as in later stages of life, they form into one giant organism. I also like the thoughts behind them communicating to each other through a different form of language, compared to the mainly-vocalisation given by the other races.

Character Name: The Reflection of Starlight over the Pre-Dawn Dew Forming on a Blade of Grass to the Accompaniment of the Sound of Clouds.

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs:

A lost seed, Reflection of Starlight was left on Luthien in the Tau Ceti system, in one of the biodomes near the poles. Found by the scientists who spent their time there, it was planted and taken care of in one of the sealed chambers usually restricted to the growth of flora used to extreme environments. As a nymph, it spent the majority of it's time perched on the shoulders of the Science crew, one individual in particular to whom it had attached itself. At mealtimes, Reflection of Starlight would spend it's time on the lap of said individual, humming quiet tunes which had been overheard and repeating the occasional word from a recent conversation. Growing over a period of years, and seeing numerous personnel changes - excluding the individual to whom it had been primarily attached, who had elected to remain on the outpost as a cleaner and janitor. Reaching the most common, humanoid form of the Diona, it spent the majority of it's time spread between accompanying it's human, or in the sections of the biodomes where plants were grown to be used as food.

This all changed during a Syndicate raid, a mistake when the raiders believed they were heading for one of the weapons research facilities instead of plants and animals. Having never encountered violence before, Reflection of Starlight was curious about the sounds and screams from outside the closet, where it and the janitor-friend had holed up. Against the janitor's protests, it opened the door and stepped out, to come face-to-face with a number of the raiders. Again, curious as to what they were holding and why they were pointing them at him, Reflection of Starlight started moving towards them. From the closet behind it, in a panic, the janitor ran out, and the raiders opened fire. Multiple shots caught the janitor in the chest and he collapsed backwards, others ripping through the branches and leaves of Reflection of Starlight. The Diona turned to look at the red blossoms spreading on the janitor's chest for a short while, and the shots stopped coming. Turning back to look at the raiders, it saw there was only one left, the others most likely having left this one to watch the Diona whilst they searched for the 'weapons research'. With a short, lumbering run, Reflection of Starlight approached the raider before he clocked on to what was happening. Wrapping branch-like fingers around the throat of the man, the Diona lifted him bodily and slammed him against the floor.

When the Emergency Response Team arrived, they found the sole survivor standing over the red ruin of what could have once been a man, armour cracked open like a shell, floor covered in a congealing pool of blood and the walls spattered with red, and the cold body of the janitor behind. Reflection of Starlight never even realised the janitor-friend had been shot, and it took a while for the Team to make it realise this. When it did, it gathered up the body of the one who had been it's company since it's growth, and carried it reverently to the shuttle to take them away from the outpost. Being taken on officially by Nanotrasen, he was shipped between numerous outposts and stations until ending up on the NSS Aurora.

What do you like about this character?

How would you rate your role-playing ability? Somewhere in the region of an eight to a nine. I immerse myself in characters and their experiences for the most part.

Notes:N/A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...