[Approved]Alberyk's dionae application

BYOND Key: Alberyk

Character Names: Sslazhir Yinzr, Zairjah, Iskra Ayrat, Sayyidah Al-Kateb, Faysal Al-Shennawi, Timur Svyatopolk

Species you are applying to play: Dionae

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Because dionae are something fully different from most species, and at all humans, having a strong alien aura around them. Dionae opens a lot of different characters and opportunities, both enabled by their distinct mechanics and lore. At all, I wish to roleplay as dionae because of their extreme foreigner nature and interesting roleplay opportunities they can bring as whole with their exotic traits.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Nearly everything, from their physique to their mentality. Dionae have several mechanical and lore-wise differences, such as their dependency of light, the way that a dionae gains knowledge, their life stages and the nymphs. Their language, rootsong, also follow a full different partner in comparison to other species, besides the fact that dionae are also able to learn other languages via extracting dna information from other organisms.

Character Name: The Echoes of Starsong

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

The Echoes of Starsong is a diona native from the Reade Colossus, still young by the standards of the dionae race. Taking up the name; “Echoes of Starsong” based on its admiration of the void and its stars, so common to their kin. Echoes was shipped out of their home to work with NanoTrasen as a manual worker. The dionae quickly showed interest in heavy machinery, learning how to operate mining drills and exosuits.

Due to its easy adaptation to space, Echoes of Starsong was deployed in EVA mining operations, mostly to mine plasma in the celestial body of the Romanovich Cloud. There, it grew another interest in exploration, using its spare time to explore and learn the secrets of whatever asteroid it was sent to mine. They were later transferred to the NSS Exodus to work in the supply department, as a drill technician, eager to explore the NanoTrasen asteroid.

What do you like about this character?

The Echoes of Starsong displays some interesting dionae traits, such as the way they learn and their curiosity with the new, also a nymph related trait. And of course, the alien nature of a dionae adds plently of opportunities.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I guess I have been doing good in my stay in the server, but, there is always room to improve.

Notes:

Alberyk has finally decided to try to make the pilgrimage, that all must eventually take, the suffering of being a Dionae Miner.

Seriously, between Tajara and Unathi, which are far from the same, Alb has shown that they are capable of playing a 'different' character than the more normal species.

On that note, I have to drop some feedback... More detail on the backstory would help a little, there are afew other things that're unique to Dionae and admittedly aren't on the wiki for them, for instance, they're psychologically graded on how close their mentality is to a humans, which determines what degree of job they're allowed to take, and the actual 'age' you can read on their ID. What was Echoes grade?

Also, a very minor typo, here.

Due to its easy adaptation to the space,
Very, very minor. It would be 'to Space' rather than 'the Space' unless it was like, being confined to a small room or something, which I am almost SURE it was not.

Overall, I want to see more Dionae around, and though it's a little hard for me to come to a conclusion without more info on how they are, yours seems like it's okay and i've only had minor issues with you ingame (Guncat) that proved to be non-issues after learning the full situation, so +1.

• 2 weeks later...