Player Complaint: Seven Ghost, Tainavaa, Greenspider

I've had time to really step back and take stock of the situation and chill out and I'm not leaving the server or requesting to be banned. I had my chance for that one and the ship has sailed. Now that I'm stick around though I feel like its necessary to explain a few things I've been holding back out of embarrassment of airing my personal business, but I think its caused too many problems to keep to myself.

As you can see from my responses, my emotional state is all over the place. As it happens, I take a lot of medication for that. I'm sure I'm no unique case on that particular matter here, but what's changed is that since my medical coverage from the state I moved from has officially expired and I'm self employed working stagecraft and entertainment. Since its pretty expensive to cover the mix of amphetamines and mood stabilizers I'm prescribed out of pocket, I haven't been in a great state of mind and thus I haven't been sleeping much at all. When I can't sleep, I act a lot crazier than usual.

I learned a long time ago that being unmedicated doesn't grant me immunity for my behavior, and in fact it seems to make me unfit for Command. That I accept willingly, as well as any other Science based positions you might consider as well. The situation is temporarily remedied in that I'm getting some help to cover costs by some friends, but its not a permanent situation or solution and it could come up again.

You might not guess it if the majority of your interactions with me have been through these forum posts, but I value the server, community and most of the crew here. I apologize for the hurt and loss of respect my erratic behavior has caused. I want everyone to know I'm moving on to other positions and characters where I've shown to have less of an issue with and I look forward to roleplaying with all of you again.

I like you. Nobody's perfect and shit, with all those issues going on you're still more stable than the average character/player. I just think you're under the microscope more because you play a head, and you've been in trouble before.

I've had time to really step back and take stock of the situation and chill out and I'm not leaving the server or requesting to be banned. I had my chance for that one and the ship has sailed. Now that I'm stick around though I feel like its necessary to explain a few things I've been holding back out of embarrassment of airing my personal business, but I think its caused too many problems to keep to myself.

As you can see from my responses, my emotional state is all over the place. As it happens, I take a lot of medication for that. I'm sure I'm no unique case on that particular matter here, but what's changed is that since my medical coverage from the state I moved from has officially expired and I'm self employed working stagecraft and entertainment. Since its pretty expensive to cover the mix of amphetamines and mood stabilizers I'm prescribed out of pocket, I haven't been in a great state of mind and thus I haven't been sleeping much at all. When I can't sleep, I act a lot crazier than usual.

I learned a long time ago that being unmedicated doesn't grant me immunity for my behavior, and in fact it seems to make me unfit for Command. That I accept willingly, as well as any other Science based positions you might consider as well. The situation is temporarily remedied in that I'm getting some help to cover costs by some friends, but its not a permanent situation or solution and it could come up again.

You might not guess it if the majority of your interactions with me have been through these forum posts, but I value the server, community and most of the crew here. I apologize for the hurt and loss of respect my erratic behavior has caused. I want everyone to know I'm moving on to other positions and characters where I've shown to have less of an issue with and I look forward to roleplaying with all of you again.

I like you. Nobody's perfect and shit, with all those issues going on you're still more stable than the average character/player. I just think you're under the microscope more because you play a head, and you've been in trouble before.

People who were given responsibility are almost always underneath the microscope. When you flaunt it about and then fail miserably, people are absolutely going to notice.

It took me too long to realize that, though.

As much as I appreciate it I'd prefer if people stopped offering supportive statements for me. I know I have plenty of friends and people I did right by and I'm glad you want to say something, but I actually prefer stepping back from Command at this point. Each time I do I have to get more creative and tend to enjoy myself better. As much as I liked watching science grow, I don't want to shoulder the burden of leadership any longer. None of the other Command roles even mean anything to me, so I'm more than happy to let other people fill them.

Contrary to popular belief, negative reinforcement doesn't work as much as it's expected to.

Negative reinforcement works if you're targeting the negative aspects of someone, but even then, calling someone shit because they're acting like a shitter isn't going to be very well received. Positive reinforcement works if you're targeting the good things of a person.

So, good. You're stable, you understand what you did wrong. The issue that follows is what you're going to do with this information.

The issue that follows is what you're going to do with this information.

Guess you'll just have to see, Delta. I've got no more words for you.

I hope to see you still on Aurora.

• 1 month later...