Uelak Eul's Robe and Glasses

A well made robe. Application

BYOND Key: LordRaven001

Character name: Uelak Eul

Item name: well made robe

Why is your character carrying said item to work? She carries this robe to work every day to remind her of that fateful day when she met one of her closest friends Jourramakitch and one of her greatest expeditions in her long standing career.

Item function(s): Functions like any suit that doesn't have pockets.

Item description: A well made brown robe fashioned from Viscose Fabric with a white Jabot dangling from the neck. There is a tail whole cut out in the back and the sleeves and lower skirt of the robe have been elongated.. It looks old from wear and tear.

Item appearance: http://imgur.com/a/ckXKs

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?: It will be used as a conversation piece to engage in roleplay, Normally most people don't visit the library and these custom items will help draw people in and stay to listen on and on about the stories on how I acquired the items, what materials they are made of, why do they look like this and so on.. It also gives a homey, welcoming and trusting feel to Eul showing that she has been here and there and is willing to talk about and willing to give you advice and support you on your endeavors.

Chained wooden spectacles. Application

BYOND Key: LordRaven001

Character name: Uelak Eul

Item name: chained wooden spectacles

Why is your character carrying said item to work? She brings these glasses into work every day not only so she could see what she is doing, but because her guild went through so much to obtain them.. All just for her.. They hold a very sentimental place in her heart.

Item function(s): Like normal prescription glasses.

Item description: A pair of wooden spectacles with a long bronze chain out the back of them. They have been bejeweled by Benitoite and look elder from use.

Item appearance: http://imgur.com/a/ckXKs

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?: These glasses are Eul's prized possession.. One of the best if not thee best items she owns. I will use this item to interact with the crew explaining to them how I acquired these glasses, teaching them about my guild (That I intend to make official soon) and exploring the history of the gem with them to teach them about the past and attempt to spice up their round with tales of intrigue and adventure..

Robe Backstory (Optional read, will tell you more about the robe and why it is so special)

Uelak Eul is renowned for her history research, Particularly that of human and Unathi history. She is also an expert Xenoarcheologist and Librarian.. Upon one of her many requisition missions for Nanotrasen's Libraries she met and discovered a Tajaran Seamstress named Rrishal Jourramakitch. Jourramakitch was an expert seamstress and had made many articles of clothing at relatively low cost. She and Eul got to know each other very well when finally, Eul asked for her services to craft her a breathable robe made out out of Viscose fabric that was woven from one of her collections. A rare trunk of Unathi alpine wood that was found buried in the rubble of a 16th century carpenter guild located in Mudki. Eul stumbled upon this piece of wood while she was excavating with her team on rumors of Hegemony relics so she could return them to the Hegemony, But not after she wrote a detailed research paper about them... She uncovered sixteen Hegemony sigil rings that have been rumored to be blessed by ancient shamans of Moghes who foretold that a great war was coming.. The rings were told to have the ability to protect ones spirit from the enemy and keep their honor pure. She was rewarded with a bounty for returning the items far less then what she should have been paid due to the sexist culture on Moghes and in Unathi society, but still.. With her meager coins achieved by excavating that site she brought the Alpine Wood to Jourramakitch so a robe could be fashioned out of it.. Taking almost all her funds, three weeks later it was done. Her robe was ready..

Glasses Backstory (Optional read, will tell you more about the glasses and why they are so special)

As I mentioned in my aforementioned statement, Uelak Eul is a historian a very well renowned historian. She has her own guild within the Nanotrasen corporation.. A guild dedicated to the discovery, reclamation, circulation, restoration and management of ancient books, artifacts, jewels, materials.. Basically anything ancient with historical value will be hunted down by this guild.. Uelak Eul is the founder and current chairwoman of the Historians Guild and with such a title comes responsibility and also perks.. Uelak Eul has horrible sight, her guild members could see this and since Uelak has done so much for each of the members of her guild involving and helping in both their personal life and their professional one and as her hatch day was coming up soon they banded together to find benitoite crystals a most rare and blue shaded crystal only found on Earth, so they could inject them into her favorite pair of wooden spectacles and hopefully make this the best hatch day she has ever had.. With a task and mission in mind the team of Historians, Archaeologists, and Archivists set off to find the benitoite crystals on earth.. The Historians used their knowledge of history to pinpoint where benitoite crystals were found in the past while the Archivists comb the archives in search of information on how they form to better give an insight on where they might look.. The Archaeologists got in contact with previous associates they worked with to check if they found any benitoite crystals or know of people who are close and or who have found them. After a week of combing the archives, talking to associates and reviewing the gales and ganders of all that History has to offer.. They found it.. A large crystal formation in the heavily populated area of California in the North American Confederation a deep under-sea cave that has been home to some of the greatest crystal formations to ever form on Earths surface.. The team set off contracting a deep sea diver to assist them in their quest for the benitoite.. Once they arrived at the crystal formations in the caves the Archaeologists went to work. They took out their hand pick's, drills, brushes and magnifying spectrometer they searched for one hour until finally.. They found it... The crystal cluster of benitoite.. They carefully excavated fifteen crystals and proceeded back up to the surface.. Now that they had acquired the benitoite they must find a Jeweler to inject the crystals into the wooden spectacles, lest all their effort be in vein.. They trekked into the town of California and found their jeweler who successfully injected the crystals into the spectacles just in time for her hatch day.. On the day of her hatch day she opened the box to find her spectacles bejeweled out in gems that were her favorite color and also rare in nature.. She thanked everyone for their hard work and promised everyone that she will live up to the figure they all think her out to be...

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxa0mo69dspn7hy/HistorianOutfit.dmi?dl=0

Edited by Guest

I don't know if endorsements and that work here, but I've had the pleasure of talking to your character quite a few times IC'ly and I think they're really great, so props to you. Hope these items get sorted for you!

• 2 weeks later...