Chef/Hunger Roundstart Changes, Notified Breaks.

BurgerBB

O ok you're reworking hunger itself. that's got potential. I thought this was on top of existing hunger gain.

Hunger is being reworked through a series of several PRs. I can't just submit one big massive PR because rules.

Hunger will be that thing where you worry about it once or twice in a shift and you're done. It's not affected by factors like movement; just bloodloss and time.

Ah, I see. I've misunderstood the premise.

Yes, reworking hunger to just make the character hungry at a particular time once per shift is a pretty good idea. However, I agree with Satin - making characters programmed robots who only become hungry at specific times is nonsensical. I'd suggest making "hunger time" randomized, but not too wildly - make it range, for example, from 0:30 to 1:15 in round time. This is better, because:

1. Again, characters aren't programmed robots and can become hungry whenever;

2. This will ease the load on the chef and make people less prone to form giant lines.

With chubbiness and overhydration being removed/made more lenient, we can still eat whenever we want to anyway. (Although now that I think of it, what does the hunger bar even add in the first place?..)

I'll support something like this, as long as there is only some consistency with hunger, not turning people into robots who eat at the exact same time. A variation for each player on when they need to eat would be nice.

The whole becoming hungry since you ran thing is something I'd love to see removed.

With the rework, what would be the variables affecting hunger, except it peaking at a certain time?

Current system would make it so that moving around frequently and bloodloss affect it.

If I finally make the hunger system independent of moving, then it would just be a -30 to 30 minute difference for each target time.

• Gem locked this topic