Mo'Taki Family

So it has been a couple months since I last applied for this and at that time we had around 6 Mo'Taki active causing my app to be denied by Sierra which was fair to me but 2 months on the Mo'Taki numbers have fallen to the point where it is rare to see more than 2 on the station. Just checking if maybe you changed your mind about it, Nebs and Nano both liked my app, if not I will check back in a couple more months. Need Mo Mo'Taki, one of the best families on Aurora.

I'll leave it up to Nebula, it's her family.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BYOND Name: Jennalele/AimlessAnalyst

Name: Nas'im Al-Sa'iib

Location in the Mo'Taki family tree: Somewhere in the Nejem branch of the family. He's 36 years old, and probably related to Dawud somehow. A distant relative still in contact with them, but no longer under the same name. He's half-Zhan, half-Hharar, but appearance-wise, definitely takes after his Zhan heritage.

Character Age: 36

Already have Tajara Whitelist? Yeees.

Job position you'll be applying for?: He be a Surgeon.

-----------------

From a scale of 1-10, how much of a troublemaker are you? 1=flawless angel, 10=NukeOp ~3ish. He's a good guy that just wants to do his job, but he can be a smartass if he really wants to be. Not physically violent for reasons I can state heeeere.

Character personality (1 paragraph, short summary) Diligent and driven, Nas'im tends to be pretty quiet and serious, and some people may think he has a stick up his ass at first glance. This isn't quite true, however, and he's quite able to let loose when around friends and family- Especially family. He values life, and dislikes conflict, having worked with aid corps since he was old enough to volunteer. Chronic pain issues limit his mobility and speed, and some days he must walk with a cane. He's harshly afraid of failure due to his line of work, and seems to harbor a sense of inadequacy.

Any medical, security, etc. notes?

NAME: Nas'im Al-Sa'iib M.D.

DATE OF BIRTH: Aug 16, 2421

SPECIES: Tajaran

SEX: Male

CITIZENSHIP: P.R.A.

CLEARANCE LEVEL: Staff ( Surgeon, Paramedic )

EMPLOYED AS: Surgeon

HEIGHT: 173 cm (5'8")

WEIGHT: 68.95 kg (152 lb)

FUR: Dark grey

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Silvery-tipped ears, hands, tail, etc

EYES: Black

MEDICAL NOTES:

• Suffers from mild chronic pain due to illness.

EMPLOYMENT

EXPERIENCE:

• Emergency Response/Medical/Crisis: 16 years
  • Surgery: 6 years

PRE-NANOTRASEN EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

• 2440: Volunteer work and internship at Baltor Regional Hospital, on Adhomai
  • 2444: Part-time Paramedic at Baltor Regional Hospital, on Adhomai
  • 2450: Degree completed. Surgeon at Baltor Regional Hospital, on Adhomai.

FORMAL EDUCATION HISTORY:

• 2440 Enrolled in Baltor Regional Hospital medical program, with goals of a career in surgery.
  • 2444 Completed Paramedic program at BRH to help fund surgeon tuitions
  • 2450 Full degree earned with honors, qualified medical surgeon.

NANOTRASEN EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

• 2452: Contract signed. Surgeon

TRAINED IN THE FOLLOWING:

• Anatomy
  • Medicine
  • Chemistry ( Enough to understand administration and usage, able to synthesize the most basic of chemicals )
  • Biology

SECURITY

NOTES:

• Dislikes physical contact, however will not react violently. He is a markedly calm individual whom will likely come compliantly, as he holds a high value of life and does not like causing injury to himself or others.

MEDICAL

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• DO NOT BORGIFY

MEDICAL HISTORY:

• 2445: Admitted for generalized muscle and joint pain that had gotten worse over time. Testing and diagnosis reveals early-onset signs of a T. Sapiens-specific form of Dermatomyositis, for which medication was prescribed and administered.

MEDICAL NOTES:

• Suffers from dermatomyositis- On regular medications to combat its progression. Though the medication prevents the condition from deteriorating further, some symptoms, like general fatigue and mild muscular pain are still notable. A mild Paracetamol prescription has been prescribed to him, and may be filled at any time. If it is not working, he is allowed to speak to a pharmacist about upping the dosage to Tramadol temporarily, though it should not become a regular occurrence.

PSYCHIATRIC NOTES:

• Although he appears incredibly calm and stable, Nas'im has refused all voluntary evaluations, and has not warranted an involuntary investigation as of yet. He is, for all intents and purposes, perfectly stable, but has been observed to harbor a sense of inadequacy.

PRESCRIPTIONS:

• 10u Paracetamol (If pain complaints continue after an hour of use, please up to 5u Tramadol)

Short history of your character, 2 paragraphs minimum: Nas'im was born at the end of the first revolution, into a region that was fairly ripe with conflict beforehand. As such, the area was poor and war-torn. Though he didn't live through it, he suffered many of the effects, as it took many years for the region to recover from the damage and destruction. Fighting, struggling and general region poverty continued for the next decade, and at age 11, his parents sent him to live with extended family in Kal'Tiv- Assumedly, the rest of the Mo'Taki family. He took a keen interest in medical fields here, and as soon as he was old enough, took up a part-time job to be able to give back to the Mo'Takis, as well as save up small amounts himself to be able to pay his way through medical school.

He was 20 when the second revolution started. He finally had enough to pay for medical school, but within his first month, the land was thrown into turmoil yet again, and he was cut off from all contact with his family, extended and immediate. By the end of his first year, he began to volunteer alongside his studies in the field, to try and assist refugees, wounded, working relief and aid for the rest of the duration of his degree. In 2445, after severe complaints of pain, he was diagnosed with a T. Sapiens-specific form of Dermatomyositis. This halted his field career, and he had to resign himself to stationary aid as a surgeon instead.

He did not come back into contact with the rest of the Mo'Takis until 2451, when he moved to Biesel and re-established contact with Karima, and then the rest of the clan. By 2452, he had secured a steady job, and began to give back to the rest of the clan once more.

I've already read Jenna's app via Byond pager, and I loves it. I would love to have more fellow catbeasts to hang out with. :D

Since not many people still play Mo'Taki, (only can count 4 recent off the top of my head, and that is one including my own) I....dunno how really to approve this to the new rulings. I guess...if no one comes on to speak their distaste in 24 hours from now, it's greenlight.

Sounds good? Okay? Okay. Bam.

• 1 month later...

Right so, as Kiwidaninja and Furstact don't play anymore, I'm thinking of pulling Rasul and Kai from the family tree (Basically they don't exist). Ziva still has siblings, but they'll either be currently-unplayed in Biesel or still in Adhomai. Gonna bounce that off Neb before saying for sure though.

Also for future reference, assuming the above goes through, Ziva's the only child of Rahat/Suha that didn't inherit the Zhan traits in fur color.

Your family branch is yours to do as you please, Sierra. Go ahead and add/subtract siblings from Ziva's immediate family. Seeing as these two others are nowhere to be seen, perhaps I can offer moving them into a different branch instead of just cutting ties. They could be siblings on a separate family.

I've seen Kiwi and Firstact around, about a month or so back. I haven't heard from them since, but if they're taking an extended break, I'd hate to pull them out. I ran into Rasul when I first returned. We can always say they were 'moved elsewhere' in their field of work. I had this whole Mo'Taki family idea to be very massive and diverse, like a family with many generations upon generations, and relatives you didn't even know you were related to.